For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
nellyboi18's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 24th, 2011 5:00 PM

could i see me sent and received pics and text online??

i really want to retrieve a funny picture that i deleted...and also can i check my child's text messages??

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

475 Messages

13 years ago

The answer to both is NO. Not possible.

If you want to see what your child is texting, take their phone and look yourself. If they complain, tell them you are paying for it so you can do as you see fit. If they balk, ask them how they would like "NO PHONE".

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

13 years ago

Actually, remotely monitoring your child's sms/mms is more than possible if they are using a smartphone. A variety of 3rd party apps exist that will silently forward all incoming and outgoing sms/mms from a target phone to your phone. There is even one I know of that will run silently (as in will not show up in a task manager as a running app), and even automatically reinstall itself after a hard reset when installed on an sd card. All it takes on your end is to install the software when the child is unaware.

Some are freeware, some are shareware. A google search will provide more info, as will a search on the XDA forums for Phone Creeper or Overvi3w (for WinMo and Android platforms respectfully) if you're looking into the one I specifically mentioned.

Oh, and before the Mods get to this, don't download anything. Ever. Downloading 3rd party, non-AT&T apps from the internet is baaaddddd.

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

13 years ago

@jii wrote:

Actually, remotely monitoring your child's sms/mms is more than possible if they are using a smartphone. A variety of 3rd party apps exist that will silently forward all incoming and outgoing sms/mms from a target phone to your phone. There is even one I know of that will run silently (as in will not show up in a task manager as a running app), and even automatically reinstall itself after a hard reset when installed on an sd card. All it takes on your end is to install the software when the child is unaware.

Some are freeware, some are shareware. A google search will provide more info, as will a search on the XDA forums for Phone Creeper or Overvi3w (for WinMo and Android platforms respectfully) if you're looking into the one I specifically mentioned.

Oh, and before the Mods get to this, don't download anything. Ever. Downloading 3rd party, non-AT&T apps from the internet is baaaddddd.

This IS good info Jii.  I didnt know such app existed. I mean, I knew you could track the location of the phone (hopefully the owner, if the phone is always on their person), but I never realized you could have text messages from one phone blind copied to another phone.  I can see where this comes in handy for monitorying kids texting activities especially when we read all the time of some student/teacher hankypanky (dug that phrase up from dusty days) going on.

Hee hee! i can also see using this app to catch a susected cheater!  I wonder if it forwards both sent and received text messages?

"Apps these days,...what will they think of next!"

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

13 years ago

Yes, though the specific functions vary from one program to the next, most if not all will forward both incoming and outgoing sms/mms (as I stated before). How you use the program however is completely up to you =P

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

what is the app you recommend for iphone 6

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

i need the one that does not show up and will reinstall after a hard reset

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Checking up on your child's safety is one thing, and in this day one who cares does careful things like that!  However, understand that obtaining a chid's trust and then sabotaging it with your own distrust might warrant some pre-action consideration.  Just thinking...I hope my gesture does not offend.  Thanks.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Well could u send me the names of the apps cause I already caught mine cheating once and I suspect again and if I'm right then I'm out
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.