Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 19, 2008
4:41:41 PM
View profile
blackjack 2 / IM question for AOL instant msgers
Edited by bhuynh408 on Sep 19, 2008 at 5:06:53 PM
hey guys i currently got my blackjack 2 in the mail today i was woundering if i can use AOL instants msgers since i have unlimted texting but im afraid that i will be charged for data .. which i dont have i really dont want to have to pay for it oh yeah the aol instants msger icon was prebuilt on the phone when i got it so yeah.. can someone tell me the answer thanks - brandon

oh yeah it says powered by oz verison 4.1.9

Message Edited by bhuynh408 on 09-19-2008 05:06:53 PM
hey guys i currently got my blackjack 2 in the mail today i was woundering if i can use AOL instants msgers since i have unlimted texting but im afraid that i will be charged for data .. which i dont have i really dont want to have to pay for it oh yeah the aol instants msger icon was prebuilt on the phone when i got it so yeah.. can someone tell me the answer thanks - brandon

oh yeah it says powered by oz verison 4.1.9

Message Edited by bhuynh408 on 09-19-2008 05:06:53 PM
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 19, 2008 5:14:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
As long as it is an at&t branded device and you access IM via the pre-installed IM client, you won't be charged for the data usage when your billing statement is generated.  (You may still see data usage in OLAM and/or on your phone.)  If you access IM via the MediaNet page, you will be charged for the data.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

blackjack 2 / IM question for AOL instant msgers

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 19, 2008 5:14:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
As long as it is an at&t branded device and you access IM via the pre-installed IM client, you won't be charged for the data usage when your billing statement is generated.  (You may still see data usage in OLAM and/or on your phone.)  If you access IM via the MediaNet page, you will be charged for the data.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: blackjack 2 / IM question for AOL instant msgers

2 of 2 (1,422 Views)
Solution