For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
bkwongdds's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 1st, 2015 12:59 AM

Will not register on International LTE (Rogers Canada in this instance)

After 1.5 hours on the phone with AT&T International Customer Care, I still can't get my problem resolved.

I am travelling in Canada, but I find that my iPhone 6 will not register onto LTE and stays on 3G.  I also have a Amazon Fire with me which registers to the LTE just fine.

I swapped the SIM from the Amazon and put in the iPhone and it works.  I put the other SIM in the Amazon and it won't register onto LTE.

I have no problems domestically, but only international.  Tech Support seems to think it's a SIM issue but I told them that this particular phone number has never roamed on LTE even on the iPhone 5S on a completely different SIM card.

No one seems to be able to help me.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Everyone says the account is provisioned properly, but I have no solution still.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

So, it's a SIM card issue. Change your SIM card when you get home and it should resolve the problem.
The SIM card is more than "your phone number" .

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I had an iPhone 5s previously with a different SIM card and it never roamed internationally on LTE either.  In Canada or in Spain (my Amazon Fire registered on LTE).  I just never had the chance or time to deal with it before.

So the SIM is different, same result.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.