Need your talk or text logs?
Gary L's profile
ACE - Expert

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

Sunday, February 12th, 2017 11:38 PM

Will Verizon's new UNLIMITED plans push for more unlimited plans from AT+T?

Hopefully this will open up more options for AT&T...

Here's the highlights of Verizon's new unlimited plan:

• $80 for unlimited data, talk and text on your smartphone
  • $45 per line for four lines with unlimited data, talk and text on your smartphones and tablets.
  • Mobile Hotspot with 10 GB of 4G LTE data is included at no charge (after 10 GB you'll get 3G data speeds). Not sure if that's per line or shared 10GB.
  • 500 MB/day of 4G LTE roaming in Mexico and Canada - included.
  • Get TravelPass for $10 per day (500 MB/day limit; 2G speeds after that) while overseas.  

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 6.39.52 PM.png

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/get-unlimited-data-on-the-network-you-deserve-verizon-300405990.html

FYI, I noticed tablets are listed on the multiple device option while they aren't on the single line option.

While it looks and sounds very appealing, it'd still costs at least $35-ish more than my current 3 line 20GB plan, which is basically all we really need (basically 3 of us split 10GB for the phones and I pay for an extra 10GB for my tethering). Still find it appealing though....

Updates: 

This is INTRODUCTORY pricing, who knows exactly what that means.

On the Verizon forums I saw it's not going to have FAN-type discounts (other than military).

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

2 Attachments

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@mikewho   Not that it will stop you from bailing, but you might get somewhere with retentions today.   If you can get through.... Smiley Surprised

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

@JohnnyDoe wrote:

When does the $5 price hike come into play for the grandfathered unlimited data users? March?

@Gary L Not a bad line of thinking to let them bog down Verizon's network... 

First, my apology for hitting the "solution" button; meant to hit the quote button. We used to be able to unmark a solution, not seeing that option anymore. HELP!!!!

Second, doesn't it also have the reprioritization after 22 GB? Shouldn't bog down their network too much.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@Gary L   

I've been too busy watching Verizon blow up over this....

@lizdance40, I don't have the time to check it out. Can you summarize for us what they are all saying over there (at VZW)?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

It would appear Verizon is limiting the plan to 4 lines, hence the $20 device fee vs ATT's $40 is offset by their higher basic plan fee ($100 vs $60). The Verizon plan would really be great if you could have more than 4 lines. As it is, here is the current cost comparison:

V       A

1 line   $80   $100

2 lines $140 $140

3 lines $160 $180

4 lines $180 $180

5 lines  NA   $220

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

It would appear Verizon is limiting the plan to 4 lines, hence the $20 device fee vs ATT's $40 is offset by their higher basic plan fee ($100 vs $60). The Verizon plan would really be great if you could have more than 4 lines. As it is, here is the current cost comparison:

V       A

1 line   $80   $100

2 lines $140 $140

3 lines $160 $180

4 lines $180 $180

5 lines  NA   $220

@sandblaster

I just called VZW and went into a store.  I can get my 6 lines for 220 bucks.  No discount for the wifes work but she would get the 15% discount off the data plan for being a vet.  So it would cost me 205 with discount before taxes with vzw.  I pay att 197.50 before taxes for my 30gb share plan....  And if you look verizon is giving phones away like the s7 pixel v20 iphone 7 and iphone 7+ if you switch(with trade in).  I could move for only 450 bucks as the daughters iphone 6s is the only phone I am paying on.  And trade in junk phones like the 3 m7's I have in a drawer and resell the unlocked s7 actives and s6 edge+ we have.  Its temping to say he least.

with att unlimited data since I have dtv would cost me more since its 260 for 6 lines.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Busternutt wrote:

@lizdance40 wrote:

@Gary L   

@lizdance40, I don't have the time to check it out. Can you summarize for us what they are all saying over there (at VZW)?

@Busternutt @Gary L

here is the best write up I have seen for know.

http://www.droid-life.com/2017/02/12/verizon-unlimited-plan-faq-pricing-availability/

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Busternutt wrote:

@lizdance40 wrote:

@Gary L   

@Busternutt

There were people trying to switch last night.   Some on the old plan are looking to switch because it's cheaper for them.   They are clueless about throttle -vs- reprioritised data.   Lots of questions.  There are customers with multiple lines that are splitting into 2 accounts because they have more than 4 (although, grumpy about it). Others are moving their kids to this plan because they use too much data.  There are already non Verizon customers asking for more info, so they can switch.  

Some reps seem  unable to explain or calculate the cost of switching and are giving out bad info.  

Loss of employee discount has some ripping mad, even though it's cheaper than with discount.

In short- same stuff, different day.  

This and the phone sales are a real kick in the pants

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

Hmmm, the link that @GLIMMERMAN76 posted says up to 10 lines. Like with any new plan, I guess there is a lot of misinformation/misunderstanding out there.

Why would customers try to sign up last night when it clearly stated it will be available today, Feb 13?

Funny about the mad folks loosing their discount. Just another example of once people have something, they think they should be entitled to it for life and that carriers shouldn't be allowed to change terms.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40

you can have up to 10 lines on the plan and 20 connected devices 2 per line.   Verizon is doing a stupid job advertising on there page.  sheesh.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Busternutt  "...Why would customers try to sign up last night when it clearly stated it will be available today, Feb 13?".   

LOL?  You have to ask?  Because they are just that bright.....

@GLIMMERMAN76   Verizon has a screwed up math system that rivals common core in its ridiculousness.  But then T- mobile uses the same.  

A lot of people don't know what's going on.  Including employees.

Some are reporting problems after switching.  Lost BOGO credits, lost employee discounts (didn't read!)  and a few who have an 8 gig plan and want to go up to a 16 gig plan for a short time, but now it doesn't exist.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.