For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Gary L's profile
ACE - Expert

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

Sunday, February 12th, 2017 11:38 PM

Will Verizon's new UNLIMITED plans push for more unlimited plans from AT+T?

Hopefully this will open up more options for AT&T...

Here's the highlights of Verizon's new unlimited plan:

• $80 for unlimited data, talk and text on your smartphone
  • $45 per line for four lines with unlimited data, talk and text on your smartphones and tablets.
  • Mobile Hotspot with 10 GB of 4G LTE data is included at no charge (after 10 GB you'll get 3G data speeds). Not sure if that's per line or shared 10GB.
  • 500 MB/day of 4G LTE roaming in Mexico and Canada - included.
  • Get TravelPass for $10 per day (500 MB/day limit; 2G speeds after that) while overseas.  

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 6.39.52 PM.png

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/get-unlimited-data-on-the-network-you-deserve-verizon-300405990.html

FYI, I noticed tablets are listed on the multiple device option while they aren't on the single line option.

While it looks and sounds very appealing, it'd still costs at least $35-ish more than my current 3 line 20GB plan, which is basically all we really need (basically 3 of us split 10GB for the phones and I pay for an extra 10GB for my tethering). Still find it appealing though....

Updates: 

This is INTRODUCTORY pricing, who knows exactly what that means.

On the Verizon forums I saw it's not going to have FAN-type discounts (other than military).

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

2 Attachments

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

Okay, I went over to Verizon to get more of the scoop.   It might not be that cheap.  It looks like there is still a line fee of $20 on each line.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/927328

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

Okay, I went over to Verizon to get more of the scoop.   It might not be that cheap.  It looks like there is still a line fee of $20 on each line.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/927328

I think that's just the multi-user plan. $140 for the first two, +$20 each for next two, gets you to $180 which matches the $45 per line for four lines that was mentioned.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

When they say 3G speeds for tethering over 10GB I hope the expectation is for standard UMTS speeds and not HSPA.

384kb/s is what they will set it to. So around 0.3mb/s.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L   The $80 is a single line price.

the multi line is $20 per device and $45 for data, so $65 per line.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L wrote:
I think that's just the multi-user plan. $140 for the first two, +$20 each for next two, gets you to $180 which matches the $45 per line for four lines that was mentioned.

I'm getting the above from the link you provided.

@lizdance40 wrote:

The $80 is a single line price.

the multi line is $20 per device and $45 for data, so $65 per line.  

I disagree. 🙂

I'm not reading it that way. It's not $45 per line until you get 4 lines ($140 for 2, $160 for 3, $180 for 4).

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 7.30.11 PM.pngfrom http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/get-unlimited-data-on-the-network-you-deserve-verizon-300405990.html

1 Attachment

Guru

• 

870 Messages

7 years ago

$80 for one line isn't bad. At&t definitely needs some plan changes. First verizon does 5gb for $55, and now this plan.

Come on att. Don't just sit back and be the only carrier not to bring out competing deals.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

On the Verizon forums I saw it's not going to have FAN-type discounts (other than military).

Also found this video. The details don't really start until three minutes thirty seconds, so rewind if you want the rest. 

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

More details.  It's Verizon goofy details.  The single line is $80

the multi line plan is $100 for the plan and $20 for phones and tablets.  

So $100 plus 20 plus 20 plus 20 plus 20 is how they get $180 for the 4 lines.   This still works out dirt cheap for many lines and blows ATT price out of the water.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@mikewho wrote:
$80 for one line isn't bad. At&t definitely needs some plan changes. First verizon does 5gb for $55, and now this plan.

Come on att. Don't just sit back and be the only carrier not to bring out competing deals.

$20 cheaper than AT&T's current plan for a single unlimited line and no DirecTV required.

Definetly cheaper than the old UNlimited, right?

$40 for unlimited (next month)  + $10 line + $10 text + (at least) $30-$40 calling plan? 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

More details.  It's Verizon goofy details.  The single line is $80

the multi line plan is $100 for the plan and $20 for phones and tablets.  

So $100 plus 20 plus 20 plus 20 plus 20 is how they get $180 for the 4 lines.   This still works out dirt cheap for many lines and blows ATT price out of the water.

More details??  Isn't that the same thing I said back in posts 12 and 15?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.