For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
.Alex's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, February 2nd, 2009 12:11 AM

Closed

Will Unlimited MediaNet ever be re-released for Pay-As-You-Go users?

Hello,

I am wondering if MediaNet will ever be re-released for Pay-As-You-Go users. I was disappointed when I heard about it being cancelled because of people tethering it to their laptops. Isn't there some way that they can block laptops from tethering into this? I really hope that it is released again. Anybody know if there has been any talk about re-releasing it?

Thanks!

- Alex

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

15 years ago

@.Alex wrote:

Hello,

I am wondering if MediaNet will ever be re-released for Pay-As-You-Go users. I was disappointed when I heard about it being cancelled because of people tethering it to their laptops. Isn't there some way that they can block laptops from tethering into this? I really hope that it is released again. Anybody know if there has been any talk about re-releasing it?

Thanks!

- Alex

They're releasing a 100MB for $19.99 plan, I guess that's as good as it gets for the time being.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks for the reply!

Sounds pretty good. That is a monthly fee, correct?

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

15 years ago

@.Alex wrote:

That is a monthly fee, correct?

Correct. You will need to renew it monthly. More info on this new 100MB data plan can be found here:

http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=prepaid&thread.id=32490&jump=true

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks so much!

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

15 years ago

@irish Rose wrote:

@.Alex wrote:

That is a monthly fee, correct?

Correct. You will need to renew it monthly. More info on this new 100MB data plan can be found here:

http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=prepaid&thread.id=32490&jump=true

There are a couple of nuances. First, as Irish rose has pointed out, this is not a recurring charge, you have to call 611 and buy the feature every time you need it, but the feature expiration is indeed 30 days. Second, so far there's nothing stopping you from buying another package sooner than those 30 days — for example, if you used up all 100MB in just 20 days you don't have to stay on pay-per-use rates for another 10 days, just call 611 and plop down another $19.99 for the next 100MB.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.