Need your talk or text logs?
Clayopatra's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, July 29th, 2019 11:41 AM

If I have WiFi calling & my daughter calls me using cellular, is there a charge?

If I have WiFi calling in Greece and my daughter in the US calls me using cellular (not on WiFi) is there a charge?  How about the other way around?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Clayopatra Why are you asking again? Your question was already answered. If you are on WiFi calling, there are no roaming charges for any calls. It does not matter if the caller is on cellular or not.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

No and no. If you are on WiFi calling, there are no roaming charges. Just make sure you are actually on WiFi calling. Just being connected to WiFi is not enough. Unless you see “AT&T WiFi” as your carrier, you are not on WiFi calling. If you see any other carrier, you are roaming.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks so much for your help. I took the phone off of airplane mode and turned the Wi-Fi calling on - I also have Wi-Fi calling on my cell plan but there is no att Wi-Fi on my screen. Is there something else I need to do?

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

5 years ago

@Clayopatra Link below has instructions on how to setup WIFI calling, below is excerpt. Click on the FAQ tab for more info and instructions.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/features/wifi-calling.htm

1. You need a smartphone that supports Wi-Fi Calling and a wireless account that is set up for AT&T HD Voice. Most AT&T PREPAID plans include Wi-Fi Calling; pay per minute plans do not include Wi-Fi Calling.

2. You need to set up Wi-Fi Calling on your phone.

iPhone: Go to the phone settings menu on your device and turn on Wi-Fi Calling.
Android: Go to Call Settings, Quick Settings, or Connections Settings on your device and turn on Wi-Fi Calling.

3. During setup, you’ll need to provide an address for 911 emergency call routing. You don’t need any additional software or apps.

4. Once Wi-Fi Calling is enabled on your device, your phone will need to connect to an available Wi-Fi network. Remember, Wi-Fi Calling is used automatically if your cellular signal is weak or unavailable or if you are traveling outside the Domestic Coverage Area and connected to a Wi-Fi network.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Sometimes all you need to do is wait but if your phone has a strong signal from a local carrier, it may not switch to WiFi calling. The best way to force your phone to WiFi calling is to leave airplane mode on so that your phone can’t roam then turn WiFi back on. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I'm in Greece and I have have wifi calling on my phone.  Is there a charge if I receive a call from a US phone using cell service?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the kindness of your answer.  I wasn’t exactly sure how this works and I don’t want to go home with extra charges. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Have Samsung S10+ unlocked phone. Have wifi calling connecting to my home network but when I put in my AT&T simm it all disappears. Does AT&T people with unlocked phones loose wifi calling even when using non-att home network.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.