Need your talk or text logs?
WOMracing's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 15th, 2015 3:20 AM

Why is my maximum group text limit only 10 recipients?

When is AT&T going to fix the problem of having a limit of only being able to send a group text to 10 recipients?  No other carrier has a limit on the amount of recipients that can be sent a group text except AT&T.  When are they going to fix this huge problem that they constantly seem to ignore and not give a real answer too? 

I have been with AT&T for over 22 years and their cell service is great, but their customer service is the worst, and their in store service is just as bad.  The question I asked above has been a constant problem that people have complained about for a while now and they never do anything about it.  Just watch how they answer the question above, if they even respond to it at all.   I guarantee you they will dance around it or use some lame excuse like it's an Iphone problem.  Well I don't have an Iphone, I have a new Samsung S6 Impact and I know other people who have the same phone as me but with Verizon and they have no problem sending group text messages with no limit on the amount of recipients they choose to send them too.  

Why is there a limit of only 10 recipients when sending a group text?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

It looks like T-Mobile has the same limitation, according to an official post on their forum: https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/83683?start=0&tstart=0

Note also that maybe this limit only applies to group texts via MMS, not to group texts via iMessage (which would require that all the recipients of the text be using an iOS device.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I can't believe you have not fixed the only 10 per txt messaging problem... This is way to low for people who coach sports or are involved in any organization and need to commicate easy and fast via txt message. Having to set up multiple groups is ridiculous and having to use FB messages is ridiculous... GET THIS FIXED!!!!

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I agree! AT&T needs to fix this! I am on a parent council at my kids' elementary school... There are 12 of us, so I need the ability to text 11 people at once! But I have to send 2 texts! Not convenient! Not efficient! Totally time consuming! Ugh!

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

There isn't anything to be fixed because anything isn't broken. The 10 person limit has been in place for quite a while and this will not change more than likely.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I am a Drill Sergeant in the United States Army and I work with 11 other Drill Sergeants, a Company Commander, a First Sergeant, an Executive Officer, a Supply Clerk and a Training Technician. We have pertinant information that needs to be pushed out to all on a daily basis and responded to without random "group texts" showing up seperately. It gets very confusing when there are 6 group text messages because of the limit. A question will be asked on one thread and answered on another. Then responded to on another. Then commented on in another. We have very tight timelines and it is frustrating when you have to jump through 6 different threads to try to figure out what everyone is trying convey to others. This is unacceptable.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am in a Law Enforcement Coalition. We are 14 in the board. Unable to follow conversations and reply to all. I addition, both my kids play soccer. There are 17 to 20 parents in each team. Same issue. Unable to communicate with them. Very frustrating. It is embarrassing that I have to ask all these people to switch to a different approach to be able to communicate with me. AT&T, please fix this problem!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'll just add my 2 cents here - same deal - manage 2 different groups of parents / soccer players (total members approx 30 per group). Need to send FAST messages when game times / locations change due to weather. Used to be able to do this via Verizon. Switched to ATT and have been thwarted. This makes team communication slow and cumbersome. 

After reading all these comments it seems like text communication is really quite important for many many types of groups. Definitely worth a second look, I would think. AT&T, ball is in your court. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I share the same frustrations as all of the previous customers.  I can not believe that AT&T would not repsond to this resquest.  It is amzaing that my preivous service, which is a small town player, can provide group texting service to an unlimited number of recipents on the same thread and AT&T is choosing not to.  I will be changing services as large group texting is a large part of my daily communication efforts. Very disappointing AT&T.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

As mentioned previously in this thread...nothing is broken so there isn't anything to fix. The group messaging limit is a limit that has been in place for a long time and more than likely will never change from it's current limit of 10.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

I don't know what the other carrier's limits are, but I can bet that someone is unhappy because they need "just one more".

If ATT doesn't meet your needs, instead of demanding they change their policy that works for, and satisfies 95% of its customers, vote with your wallet. I'm not saying that to be smart alec; I'll follow my own advice if the time comes.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.