Need your talk or text logs?
annihaha's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, February 27th, 2018 7:11 PM

Why doesn't at&t messages work on my laptop? One day it worked and the next day it didn't.

I've been using messages.att.net on my desktop and it worked fine. One day I got an error and it hasn't worked ever since. The error is Hmmm, Something Went Wrong. We were unable to setup AT&T Messages. Please come back and try again later.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

ATT messages has to be set up on the phone first. If you ever changed phone number or password, you need to set up and sign in.  You can restart ATT messages back up and sync on the phone and go from there.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for your response. Do you mean a specific AT&T messaging app?  

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Have you made changes?  

Your built in message app on the phone has settings within the app 

open messages, tap more dots, select settings, select more settings, select messages backup and sync where it says ‘restart services’.   Select ‘restart’. Be patient it takes time to sync.  

You may need to sign out and sign in on the laptop again.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I don't see any of that on my iphone.....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

FYI:

https://messages.att.net

https://messages.att.net/setup/

Used to take you to a web interface. For the past two days it just said it isn't working and to try again.

Every few weeks you have to re-authorize using the web interface by getting a pin code on your phone. That's not happening either.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@annihaha  Ah, you wouldn’t, I’m using android.  

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

The site is down. Has been since last week. After speaking to a rep it supposed to be back up this week. Supposedly

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.