For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
ronnielago's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 14th, 2017 7:27 PM

Which Int'l Plan?

Trying to determine which Int'l Plan is best: Passport or Passport Silver.  Main concern is the Data usage: 200 vs 300MB. I will be abroad for nearly 3 weeks. It's difficult to comprehend how quickly one burns through MBs.  I tend to use the hotel's WiFi before setting out each day and try to use actual maps rather than Map Apps.  But may use Tour Guide Apps (i.e. Rick Steves). Any insights anyone?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

That really depends on how much cellular data you intend to use and your usage does not sound like it will be a lot. I've gotten by on less data (old $30 passport plan had 120mb) on 3 and 4 week trips. Regardless of which plan you pick, if you go over, you only pay by the mb for actual data used. In other  words, if you go over by 10mb, you only pay for 10mb. One rule of thumb to follow, though, is leave data roaming off and only turn it on when you want to use data. This prevents inadvertently using up your data.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for your response. Very helpful. Yes, I do know about turning off Roaming etc. I wish I knew how much Data I would use, for example, if I listened to a 45 audio tour from an app. That’s where I can see getting into trouble.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Sorry, not familiar with such apps. Yes, an audio tour could use a lot of data if the audio is streamed but would use no data if the audio file were preloaded on the app.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.