For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
KellinaWV's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 1st, 2018 10:30 AM

When is Universal RCS going to be adopted in the US?

I saw an article where AT&T has adopted universal RCS in Mexico but haven't read anything about the US.

Do we have news on this?

Thanks!

Kellina

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Yeah this response makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If AT&T wants to become a high tech company, rolling back FCC regulations won't solve the problem - culture does. 

Step 1: Recognize that your power users expect a lot more than uninformed responses  

To wit: RCS is a standard. Once AT&T launches support for it, Android Messages will be able to interact with the capability. 

The question remains: WHEN will AT&T rollout RCS? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Add me to the long list of people requesting RCS. I'm an Android user and will always be an Android user. Please support open standards and implement RCS.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Ive been a AT&T customer for 8 years and this will definitely make me switch to t-mobile. Why would you think it would be a big benefit to customers to have your advanced messaging and only be able to use it with AT&T customers who have android phones. I also wouldn’t doubt it if apple was somehow slowing up the process so android don’t have a comparable messaging app to iMessage. That might be a stretch but nothing would surprise me. Anyhow t-mobile was basically a dead company and what did they do. They gave there customers the technology they wanted and the prices they wanted and now in remarkable time they basically have surpassed you. Keep standing still and hoping nothing will change while other companies run right past you!!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

Apple is looking at rcs support actually.  When you have a 50/50 split of os in the us it gets interesting.

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

4 years ago

It's the 21st century and we are still stuck with using 1990's SMS messaging! I don't have friends with AT$T so I can't use your Advanced Messaging with them. Implement UP 2.0 with RCS so that all Android texting apps, Google Messages and Samsung Messages included, can cross-talk and we all can enjoy communication as it's meant to be: HQ videos, HQ photos, share PDFs and DOCS, typing indicators, read receipts.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

4 years ago

@tuanskie wrote:

It's the 21st century and we are still stuck with using 1990's SMS messaging! I don't have friends with AT$T so I can't use your Advanced Messaging with them. Implement UP 2.0 with RCS so that all Android texting apps, Google Messages and Samsung Messages included, can cross-talk and we all can enjoy communication as it's meant to be: HQ videos, HQ photos, share PDFs and DOCS, typing indicators, read receipts.

Use google messages and you get RCS right now as google is doing it from its own servers.  What your asking for is years off since the big 4 just made a deal with a company to do rcs..

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

4 years ago

Been doing Google Messages for the past month and enjoying it! But I don't pay Google, I pay AT$T for my services and why they're dragging their feet into 2020 with their coalition app is just asinine.
They should have started the clock when Apple started iMessage in 2011. Thus, I've been paying AT$T for inferior messaging for 9+ years. And so has every Android owner!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.