Need your talk or text logs?
BoostedGabe's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 1st, 2015 12:35 AM

When if ever will AT&T stop throttling unlimited data customers?!

I've been on an unlimited plan for a good number of years now and I am getting ridiculously fed up with the throttling. I've called and called and called to see if att with do their duty as far as customer satisfaction, but nothing good has come of it. They have tried to switch me to a tiered data plan, which they told me before I was able to tell them. My bill would go up close to $80. Then just yesterday I was speaking to a "customer service" rep and they said I need to deal with it if I don't want to switch plans. I mean really?!! Furthermore I was also told to look at the pluses and minuses from my "unlimited" plan to the tiered plans. I have unlimited data and I should be happy with that. Sure I agree but the minuses out weigh the pluses. I have unlimited but that comes with inconvenience. Or I can go to a limited data plan and pay more out of my hard earned money. Please att where in the world do you think you are providing a good product. When your product is convience. A cell phone with the ability to access the Internet at any time of day, month and year without inconvenience. That's your product I am paying for along with talk and text but the majority it data. That's what is most expensive on our plans so the bottom line is that is what we want! Yes you (att) have great coverage and great service at full speed but the fact that you are worrying more about profitability as opposed to customer satisfaction does not look good for yall. Satisfy the customer and the profit will roll in. A happy customer will recommend the service and BOOM profits!

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

I would complain quietly, you have only 2 or three years left before the Net Neutrality becomes mandatory. When it does, throttling will no longer be allowed. The General wiff in the air is carriers will discontinue unlimited plans at that time. Even T-Mobile which introduced a truly unlimited plan just a few months ago, has back peddled, saying it is a 2 year offer.

There are benefits as well.
Providing more and better internet for home and mobile is seen as a priority.
Providers will be required to fully disclose all information, equipment, charges, taxes and expected services, down to internet speeds. And then stick to it. 😮

No blocking or throttling of any kind. So football can't be blocked by a network and cell carriers can't limit speeds after 5 GBS of data.

It's 400 hundred page cure for insomnia, but clearly written for the most part.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.