Need your talk or text logs?
rboutil's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, October 18th, 2015 4:55 PM

What's eating up my usage??

What causes a large amount of data to be used up over a short period of time? I don't watch movies or videos. My husband listened to a hockey game the other night but when I checked that did not take much at all. This happened once before and I don't know the cause. I purchased 3G and in I 48 hour period I went from 260 mb to 1911 mbs of usage.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

Data is not used in real time, and you probably did use all that data, easily in 2 days if you don't have wifi.

please read this about data...

https://forums.att.com/t5/Community-Blog/Data-Management-Cause-for-gray-hair-hair-pulling-and-stress/ba-p/4323575

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I read a tip about looking at all my Apps to see how much each one uses. I have a Text Now App that I use when traveling. I sent 2 pictures using that App. I have no idea about what type of usage a picture message uses. Could that be it?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

Only you can tell that....  Please read the article, it includes how to diagnose which applications are using your data.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

After seeing this post with the rate charts, and data usage overage charges, http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html?&WT.srch=1 It kinfa hits home how one seems to be paying so much for so little,  especially when it seems one has lots of ghost data usage.

Sorry, just adding my two cents worth, unasked.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I did read the article....Thank You. It was very informative. The only thing I can think of is that I am not closing a window or App properly and it is continuing to run in the background. Usually when I add 3G to my iPad it lasts close to a month. Only one other time has this happened and then I also didn't know why. It must be something I am doing without realizing it. I also did not know that I could reset the usage showing on each App. When I looked at them it was accumulative from 2013. The Apps that showed the most were Safari (9GB), Text Now (3.2GB) Mail (1.3G). These numbers are cumulative. I am usually pretty careful on how we use the Cellular as I don't want to buy more than the 3G per month. When wifi is available I use it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.