Need your talk or text logs?
iPhone 2010's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 8th, 2010 8:08 PM

Closed

What is Internet/MEdia Net on my Data Usage?

hey.

i don't know what Internet/MEdia Net on my Data Usage is.

Emails or only the Internet access? 

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

Here is a breakdown of Media Net as well as FAQ's.  This should sum it all up for you. 

~ Julie Rae 

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

14 years ago

That is anything that uses cellular data.  It does not break it out.  It can be email, web browsing, weather, applications and programs etc etc etc

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

Does that mean that those applications or internet are being personally accessed, or can it be updates?

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

14 years ago

@sweetnspicy wrote:

Does that mean that those applications or internet are being personally accessed, or can it be updates?

All.  Anything that uses data*.

NOTE: *except for data used by MMS messaging, as the data used by MMS is included in the price of the messaging package or pay-per-message price

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

Hi there!  I just joined this forum to find out the answer to this too, as AT&T Tech support couldn't tell me the same question for my iphone.  My situation is at odd hours daily I have a ton of data going out from "phone" and tech support can't tell me what that data it is or where it's going.  I'm getting really creeped out & think I have a right to know.  Can this be from spyware hijacking my texts, emails, etc.?  Any insight is appreciated.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

14 years ago

I just joined for the exact same reason!!

I was beginning to think my husband was having an affair and had coded the phonebook manager as phone!!

Im so relieved to know others are having the same thing.

I need to know a way to stop this!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

Did you ever get an answer?

We just got our AT&T phones last week.  I've noticed numerous wap.cingular Media Net type messages of variable sizes at times when we are not using the phones.

I know the day we got the phone I was learning how to use it when I accidentally used the APP Center.  It seems my phone defaults to that icon?  I did not put a data plan on this phone at all.

If there is an APP on there using something how do I delete it?

Why is it so hard to find answers to these types of questions?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

Ironically, I did not start getting these ridiculous internet/media net charges until I changed from the unlimited data plan to the limited plan, as I never used much data since I have wifi.  What's up with that? 

Also, why is it that AT&T cannot or will not disclose which apps, if it is apps, are causing this?

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

14 years ago

When you see odd hours of data usage, usually at night when most people are sleeping, it is an automatic AT&T corporate type app that tracks data usage by that phone used for billing purposes. I have read about this issue on other forums.

According to some knowledgeable posters elsewhere, there should be do data charges to your account associated with these data transfers. It's just one way AT&T keeps track of data usage in their billing processes.

Teacher

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Yes Im learning all this myself. My wife did have an affair. MSM messges usually exist in this situation. If he has an old iphone be sure to take it. You can still get email via wireless. You can still search contacts and match phone numbers. Search his new or old phone for a dummy or 2nd email account. If you both have smart phones, be sure to put his email account on your phone. On an iphone your email accounts can even be merged. Not trying to change the nature of this site. Trying to inform and educate using ATT. ps it is not normal for someone over 25 imho to have more than 9000 texts in a month. This site is very useful in seeing patterns and habits. Use them. You will likely notice big changes if something were really going on. It was night and day for me as far as before and after goes. The internet media net doesnt really help you much.This site also logs old bills going back years. This helps too.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.