Need your talk or text logs?
iPhone 2010's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 8th, 2010 8:08 PM

Closed

What is Internet/MEdia Net on my Data Usage?

hey.

i don't know what Internet/MEdia Net on my Data Usage is.

Emails or only the Internet access? 

Thanks for your help

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Where you ever able to receive an answer regarding the data ( what I call theft) being sent to Internet/MEdia serv?  within 11days into our billig cycle my husbands iPhone sent 573MB to this MEdia serve and was at 80% of our shared data of 1Gb per month . We still had 20 days in our billing cycle left. I've turned everything off that I can, which I shouldn't have to because that's what we are paying for. The last three months we hadn't used 350MB shared data. It just started this billing cycle. It does it on my iPhone and iPad which are home all day and my husbands iPhone which he is out on construction site. I feel like I'm getting run around with at&it . Talked to them 3x with no resolution, just excuses. Very disappointed with AT&T right now. Our home phone has went out two times within last month and they've had 3 techs out. Then when phone fixed my unversed internet went down. So yet another tech sent out.  I am considering changing internet and home with them as well as changing to a new carrier.  Please share with me if u ever received a reply with a resolution to this problem. Thank you.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@DiDiKing wrote:

Where you ever able to receive an answer regarding the data ( what I call theft) being sent to Internet/MEdia serv?  within 11days into our billig cycle my husbands iPhone sent 573MB to this MEdia serve and was at 80% of our shared data of 1Gb per month . We still had 20 days in our billing cycle left. I've turned everything off that I can, which I shouldn't have to because that's what we are paying for. The last three months we hadn't used 350MB shared data. It just started this billing cycle. It does it on my iPhone and iPad which are home all day and my husbands iPhone which he is out on construction site. I feel like I'm getting run around with at&it . Talked to them 3x with no resolution, just excuses. Very disappointed with AT&T right now. Our home phone has went out two times within last month and they've had 3 techs out. Then when phone fixed my unversed internet went down. So yet another tech sent out.  I am considering changing internet and home with them as well as changing to a new carrier.  Please share with me if u ever received a reply with a resolution to this problem. Thank you.

With your iPhone, go into Settings->Cellular and see what apps are using how much data on that specific phone.  You may see that a recent change to FaceBook is causing it to automatically stream videos to your device just because you tapped near the video in your timeline (yes, this was a recent change).  You may find that the "App Store" has used quite a bit to perform OTS App Updates. You may be surprised (like I was) to see that Time and Locations has used a large amount of data  to store "recent locations" for you.  There are many possibilities.

You can reset the counters any time you want, that way you could reset them tonight, then check back tomorrow night to see just how much you used in one day...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Hi. Did you ever get an answer to this? I would like to know as well.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Simple Answer. 

icloud only automatically backs up when "the phone is locked and plugged in".  

FOR EXAMPLE When you're lying next to your spouse sleeping. 

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

it is a thorny problem

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.