Need your talk or text logs?
iPhone 2010's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 8th, 2010 8:08 PM

Closed

What is Internet/MEdia Net on my Data Usage?

hey.

i don't know what Internet/MEdia Net on my Data Usage is.

Emails or only the Internet access? 

Thanks for your help

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I see internet/media net sent on the bill over and over all day every few minutes and the KB are small amounts. This is only on one of our phones. The others only have it once a day at the same time each day doing a large amount of KB. What do the small ones over and over all day mean? messaging someone through facebook or something?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

@dyannek wrote:

I see internet/media net sent on the bill over and over all day every few minutes and the KB are small amounts. This is only on one of our phones. The others only have it once a day at the same time each day doing a large amount of KB. What do the small ones over and over all day mean? messaging someone through facebook or something?

They could be anything but small amounts tend to be some application checking with a server. For example, if you have an email client set to check for new mail every few minutes, that would show up as a small amount of KB those times when there was no new email. If you have an iphone, another culprit is visual voice mail which periodically checks to see if there are new voice mails.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am having the same issue. Did you find the solution?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have a question please. Long story short as possible. I had and still have a developer and a bunch of his buddies that somehow accessed my server to use me as a test dummy. Yes, it's true, but it's ok not to believe me because nobody else does either. It took me a long time to figure it out and some sloppy mistakes on their part. But that is not why I'm here. In my desperate attempt to lose these people I decided to change inet providers among other things. I had my phone with AT&T and thought may as well go with them. The bad thing is in my area all I could get was a hotspot. I was not familiar with hotspots and was told $50 would only get me 5GB and that's all that they offered.  Didn't sound like much to me but I went with it anyway out of desperation. That is when my bill went from $115 to over $700 for 1 month. I called AT&T and was told it was due to exceeding my hotspot plan of 5GB. They knocked about $250 off but still over $500. I paid it and went on. I did not take time to look online at the details of my bill until last night and another huge bill. I noticed like the rest of you the massive amount of data being used. Mine would start around 5pm, and goes till about 1am. I had no clue what Internet MEdia Net was so of course I jumped online to find out and here I am.  Also I too have noticed changes to my phone, stuff going on and knew I had not done it. Mine is a little bit more extreme though. Having my Mac's accessed it made me even more freaked out so I am always cking my phone.  I thought my developer/hacker person had gotten into my phone also and still believe it despite what the pros say.  I got my iPhone right at the time when it went public about others being able to access iPhone 5 passcodes and get in and with my Mac's already accessed I held my breath until the patch was available but who knows if it worked. After hearing others on here talk I'm starting to think there may be another source behind the changes.  I am trying to wrap my brain around this but I'm a bit foggy from looking at pages and pages of details, billing etc. My question is please. After all I've learned and experienced I still leave myself wide open by not closing out apps, logging out etc and am wondering if using my hotspot to connect my iPhone to the inet be causing the overages. It seems logical to me but I could be dead wrong. Does anyone know? I would greatly appreciate your feedback, tips, etc. Thank you and I appreciate your time in advance.                                              

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

It looks like internet /media is packets of data sent from my iphone using my data package. I've never had these charges until i enabled itunes/apps sync. I was on vacation and wanted to load an app. 5days later my phone tells me im @ 65% usage. My bill showed data activity at times when i wasnt using my phone. So i shut off Cloud,itunes,apps and any other sync features. I have not rcv'd another alert for usage yet.I'm waiting till next month to turn on some apps like weather ect., but im leaving OFF icloud,itunes&app stores,email & restricting itune,installing apps.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

It looks like internet /media is packets of data sent from my iphone using my data package. I've never had these charges until i enabled itunes/apps sync. I was on vacation and wanted to load an app. 5days later my phone tells me im @ 65% usage. My bill showed data activity at times when i wasnt using my phone. So i shut off Cloud,itunes,apps and any other sync features. I have not rcv'd another alert for usage yet.I'm waiting till next month to turn on some apps like weather ect., but im leaving OFF icloud,itunes&app stores,email & restricting itune,installing apps

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have read everything, and I still believe my boyfriend is cheating. Looking on Facebook, it says he was last on 21 hours ago, which would put it around 1:30-2:30 pm. I left where we were to bring his son somewhere during that timeframe. At 2:02 p.m., he "sent" 19,519 kb, then again at 2:12 p.m., he "sent" another 16,819 kbs. Does this suggest he was messaging someone though Facebook? He used to have both the FB app and his email account on his phone, he has deleted both now, so now he goes into the web browser and has to manually login to his accounts. Almost like a security measure so I am unable to look. He has FB messaged girls before that I caught him doing, so this makes me think, he is doing it again and knows I cannot access his accounts. Any insight??

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

@curiousgfma214 wrote:

I have read everything, and I still believe my boyfriend is cheating. Looking on Facebook, it says he was last on 21 hours ago, which would put it around 1:30-2:30 pm. I left where we were to bring his son somewhere during that timeframe. At 2:02 p.m., he "sent" 19,519 kb, then again at 2:12 p.m., he "sent" another 16,819 kbs. Does this suggest he was messaging someone though Facebook? He used to have both the FB app and his email account on his phone, he has deleted both now, so now he goes into the web browser and has to manually login to his accounts. Almost like a security measure so I am unable to look. He has FB messaged girls before that I caught him doing, so this makes me think, he is doing it again and knows I cannot access his accounts. Any insight??

All cellular data usage shows as "sent" whether it is actually sent or received and the data activity could be any app or any webpage, not necessarily Facebook.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Ok. I guess it's just confusing because he was on the phone setting up a recording through directtv and that only used 1355 kbs. So using 19519 kbs, then an additional 16819 kbs, just seems like much more. And of course it said on FB that he was on during that exact time. And I saw him remove the "running" programs before I left, so I know there weren't any programs running in the background. Ugh, I guess I'll never know. Thank you though, I appreciate your input.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

So you found the solution.  Good for you.  But what is the solution?  I clicked on that link, and it told me nothing.  This is happening on my son's android phone but NOT on my iPhone 4s or my husband's iPhone 5.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.