Need your talk or text logs?
iPhone 2010's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 8th, 2010 8:08 PM

Closed

What is Internet/MEdia Net on my Data Usage?

hey.

i don't know what Internet/MEdia Net on my Data Usage is.

Emails or only the Internet access? 

Thanks for your help

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I do agree that At&T will keep you on the phone for hours with no answers.

FYI, Comic Sans font should never be used unless you are an 8 year old girl writing about unicorns. The purple makes it even more difficult to take this post seriously.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

My hemorrhage of KB's labeled "Internet/MEdia Net as well as my wife's started on Jan. 19, 2013. No ATT rep in a store or on the web has been able (or willing) to explain why this is happening.

I changed my email "fetch" to manual and also am closing all open apps but this still has not had any effect on this highly suspicious development

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you for clarifying. My 18 year old daughter is in college away from home and according to her Iphone data she is on the phone all day and night long even when she is supposed to be asleep or studying.
I was just about her ask her if there is a reason she is on her phone when she should be asleep or in class. Your indept information is very much appreciated.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I've been having the same problem, thinking the same thing-cheating. No one at at&t support could help me. I'm glad we have an answer now, thank god. Thank you everyone for your support and help.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

extreme Media Net/Internet data usage...

the company i work for a businee account with 27 phone (24 iphones and 3 other)  2 of our users experience these date usage issues.  one of them is to the extreme of costing addition fees for overages.  in three weeks this Media Net/Internet has transfered over 6GB of data... thats double allowed in our plan.  IN THREE WEEKS.  and the time of the usage seem to be right around the same time almost every day.

the user who has the phone is not tech saavy so she does not us the iphone 4s for anything other than work calls and to take photos of her baby.  she does know enough to close all apps when not in use.  

our at&t rep was not able to help at all.  as of yet, searching forums has been no help either.  nothing stands out in the setting that would seem to be the cause.  

with as many users as it seems to be having this similar issue, it sure would be nice if at&t (or Apple itself even) would step in with more details as to what/why, how to prevent, or some other solution to help out its subscribers. MY T-MOBILE ANDROID SMARTPHONE DOES NOT TRANSFER 6GB OF DATA ON ITS OWN IN THE BACKGROUND, WITH NO SETTINGS TO PREVENT IT.   

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

11 years ago

FYI, I LIKE Comic Sans and purple is my favourite colour.  I'm sorry you don't like it but then again I don't care because if I did I wouldn't be me.  Oh and I like CATS too!    

Cat Very Happy   Cat Tongue   Cat LOL

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

julie,
your link explains nothing as to why or how to prevent this issue. this issue has cause data usage more than double the plan allowed - costing out company even more money. this issue has transferred over 6GB of data in three weeks ALL ON ITS OWN.

why doesn't ATT offer more assistance in resolving this issue for all of its users instead of saying ... we dont know why, while continuing to charge for the overages?

not using major features of the phone is NOT an acceptable solution.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

@tc570 wrote:
julie,
your link explains nothing as to why or how to prevent this issue. this issue has cause data usage more than double the plan allowed - costing out company even more money. this issue has transferred over 6GB of data in three weeks ALL ON ITS OWN.

why doesn't ATT offer more assistance in resolving this issue for all of its users instead of saying ... we dont know why, while continuing to charge for the overages?

not using major features of the phone is NOT an acceptable solution.

It is very likely that the user, you noted she is not tech savvy, is using an application like streaming radio/video that is causing a lot of data use. 

It's also possible that a family member is using the phone for something data intensive without her knowledge. 

AT&T cannot force an application on the phone to use data. Please take some time to research this issue more closely with your user. You're welcome to please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you so we can review the account. You may also want to take a look at our Business Community since this involved a business account. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

Guru

• 

396 Messages

11 years ago

Whew....I didn't expect this thread to focus so much on spousal cheating.  Smiley Surprised

Anyway, I'm in the same boat as others here (no cheating spouse though).   On my iPhone 4GS I peridiocally see large data charges and I can't beging to guess what they're from.

Yesterday afternoon I got a courtesy text message saying I was at 90% of my 300 MB plan.  I have 5 days left to go in my cycle so I tuned off cellular data.  The fact is 90% or more of the time the iPhone is at home, in a charger stand, and connected to wifi.  But to be sure...I turned off cellular data anyway.

This morning I woke up to a message saying I'd gone through 100% of my plan...hello..fork over another $20.  In looking at data useage on my account page I see 5 items of Internet/MEdia net sent data yesterday afternoon totalling 72 MB!  The phone was in the charger stand; connected to wifi; and cellular data was turned off!

In addition, I reset the data totals counter at the beginning of each billing cycle.  The counter is showing ~250 MB this cycle, 50 MB below my cap.

Something is wrong here, it's been going on for a long time, and it doesn't see like at&t is interested in doing anything to clear it up.  I would love some help with additional insight from an at&t employee, or anyone else for that matter.

edit:  Let me add that the 72 MB data use from yesterday afternoon all shows as "sent."   What could an iPhone send that would total 72 MB unless you were on a video call, which it wasn't? Smiley Sad

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

My husband just got a new phone 2 weeks ago. I went on to check why he was so close to his data usage and found all these Internet/MEdia Netall times of the day and early morning too. And same as most of you thought he was cheating-well since it was a brand new phone he only put in 2 apps. Deleted one and these were still showing up. Then he got an update for something called ChatOn so all of you check your phones and disable this app. He has not had one problem since I disabled this! And it was a preloaded app. already in the phone when he got it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.