Need your talk or text logs?
iPhone 2010's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 8th, 2010 8:08 PM

Closed

What is Internet/MEdia Net on my Data Usage?

hey.

i don't know what Internet/MEdia Net on my Data Usage is.

Emails or only the Internet access? 

Thanks for your help

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I to have noticed that my husband's Internet/Media net is off the roof early mornings between 2am -8am. I dont' know if he is cheating or chating with other girls. Only if there is a way to find out for sure.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

thank you for your post. I too am afraid my spouse is having an affair. There are lots of "internet/media net" charges showing up on our phone bill I accessed on the ATT site. Like you said, I am thinking he may have a secret email account that he only accesses via his cellphone to be sneaky. What do you mean by MSM messages? Is there a way by using his iphone to determine if there is a secret email account? Any other advice since you have been in my shoes? I am sorry for you. Maybe things will turn out better for you in the end.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

@Michelle10 wrote:

I to have noticed that my husband's Internet/Media net is off the roof early mornings between 2am -8am. I dont' know if he is cheating or chating with other girls. Only if there is a way to find out for sure.

this is normal. the phone sends reports of data usage throughout the day when either the phone is turned off or if it's never turned off then it sends it in the middle of the night when the phone is idle not doing anything. data usage isn't sent to at&t at the time it is used, that would bog the system down as it would be reporting every second of the day for 90 million customers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Would that be messages from facebook? or invites to facebook?  My son keeps going over his alloted usage.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

How can I find a secret e-mail account

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Can anyone tell me that not all internet/media net is at&t updating it could be someone using an e-mail acct ?

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

@DJaneD wrote:

Can anyone tell me that not all internet/media net is at&t updating it could be someone using an e-mail acct ?

Data usage could include emailing. There is no way to see that specific information.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

There were 34 internet/media on my husbands cell bill last sat Feb 12 they were during the day and there was very little data usage not like the ones that come in late at night from at&t he totally denies he was internet texting but I have already caught him cheating on me is there a way to find out if he has another e-mail acct he is using?

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

@DJaneD wrote:

There were 34 internet/media on my husbands cell bill last sat Feb 12 they were during the day and there was very little data usage not like the ones that come in late at night from at&t he totally denies he was internet texting but I have already caught him cheating on me is there a way to find out if he has another e-mail acct he is using?

There is no way to know by looking at the bill or the online account.  Period.

If you want to know what he is doing on the phone, you will need to take his phone and look there directly.  That is the only way.  And that is if he hasn't deleted the information, because if he did there is not way.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

@pheermann wrote:

Yes Im learning all this myself. My wife did have an affair. MSM messges usually exist in this situation. If he has an old iphone be sure to take it. You can still get email via wireless. You can still search contacts and match phone numbers. Search his new or old phone for a dummy or 2nd email account. If you both have smart phones, be sure to put his email account on your phone. On an iphone your email accounts can even be merged. Not trying to change the nature of this site. Trying to inform and educate using ATT. ps it is not normal for someone over 25 imho to have more than 9000 texts in a month. This site is very useful in seeing patterns and habits. Use them. You will likely notice big changes if something were really going on. It was night and day for me as far as before and after goes. The internet media net doesnt really help you much.This site also logs old bills going back years. This helps too.

I'm having a similar issue.  I noticed the change in SMS traffic patterns was the tip off as well as the repeating appearance of a specific phone number.  Also Family Map is a very usefull application which identified the rendevous locations.

What did you do with that information?  Was it usefull in family court for example?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.