For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Gunnersdai's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, September 10th, 2014 7:41 PM

Is a way to uninstall/turn off visual voicemail?

My sister says that there is a way to uninstall/turn off visual voicemail so I don't have to pay the extra $40 a month that I CANNOT afford! I do not use the VVM anyway!!!
If someone could please tell me how to do this I would appreciate it!!!
Thanks!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Once I would appreciate recommended AT&T... not anymore an I've been a great customer Fer over 10 years or more .... I am also getting the $40.00 fee on my bill and NO!! It is not a part of the bill specially sence my bill has gone up from what I always pay a month ... I am sorry to say that I'll be calling them an canceling m6 long term service at the end of the month
.. enough is enough with the rise in my bill an the crappie equipment that I was dumb enough to buy Fer over $500.00 ... an this is what people like me loyal customers get Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Gmerritt It's NOT $40 for the Voice mail, I promise you, it's for the line.

It's like if your receipt said "iPhone 16GB Rose Gold $649", it's not $649 for the "rose gold", it's $649 for the phone and the color is free!

If you'd like to post that portion of the bill we'll help you disect it. Since we don't know what plan (and data tier) you are on, it's really hard to help...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Gmerritt wrote:
Once I would appreciate recommended AT&T... not anymore an I've been a great customer Fer over 10 years or more .... I am also getting the $40.00 fee on my bill and NO!! It is not a part of the bill specially sence my bill has gone up from what I always pay a month ... I am sorry to say that I'll be calling them an canceling m6 long term service at the end of the month
.. enough is enough with the rise in my bill an the crappie equipment that I was dumb enough to buy Fer over $500.00 ... an this is what people like me loyal customers get Thanks

And any carrier you switch to will require you pay for your phones, or pay a higher line fee to pay for your phones.  I don't buy from the carrier, but a good phone is still going to cost you a few hundred dollars.

This isn't an ATT thing, it's all carriers 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I feel like my family is overpaying too. We have had iPhones through Att since 2008. I have friends and some family the go through Sprint and they have unlimited everything for Much less $$. Before I had unlimited data att would send me bills saying I used 30gb and charge massive overages, as soon as I got the unlimited plan my bill shows I'm only using 8 per month at the most. I have changed NOTHING! The little I do use is only because my phone takes itself off of wifi for no reason. I am a stay at home mom and I'm only using my phone inside my house, I have great wifi. It feels like iv been being charged with mystery fees or for things I wasn't really using for over 8 years now. Sorry to rant, I could have simply said I feel the same way you do, like I'm being taken advantage of. (I'm also a DIRECTV customer, I have been for more than 8 years and I just found out last month that I could get a discount for that, too bad nobody told me over the hundreds of phone calls with att complaining about my HUGE bill)

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@cheynerochman So why are you still a customer? By the way, the Directv discount for having the unlimited plan just started last month, you haven't been missing out on anything.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@cheynerochman

That's funny.  When ATT talks about competition, it's Verizon and T-mobile.   Sprint is still king of dropped calls and limited service area.  The prices are low because they are desperate to draw customers.  If you don't really need your cell service, by all means....

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@cheynerochman wrote:
 (I'm also a DIRECTV customer, I have been for more than 8 years and I just found out last month that I could get a discount for that, too bad nobody told me over the hundreds of phone calls with att complaining about my HUGE bill)

It is new as of March 2017.

But they have been advertising the heck out of the new plans and the fact that they give $25 off DIrecTV with Unlimited Plus. You need to check the plans a few times a year to make sure nothing has changed.

You also get free HBO!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

There is an additional charge for VVM for At&t. Stop saying there isn't a charge. It's $60 a month for unlimited then $40 for Smartphone/IPhone Access for VVM. My bill clearly states there is a charge. I pay
60 unlimited
40 VVM smartphone
2.99 roadside
8.99 insurance
-9.00 work discount
36.25 equipment (payment plan for 800 phone)
13.35 taxes and other fees
Total of $152.58
So art is a rip off because they are charging $40 for freaking visual voicemail... which is not explained in the beginning of the contract.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

There IS NOT an extra charge for visual voicemail. I repeat, there IS NOT an extra charge. 

Go ahead and call 611 and have them move you from ACCESS FOR SMARTPHONE 4G LTE W/VVM to simply ACCESS FOR SMARTPHONE 4G LTE...

The price will still be the same. /thread 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

There is an additional charge for VVM for At&t. Stop saying there isn't a charge. It's $60 a month for unlimited then $40 for Smartphone/IPhone Access for VVM. My bill clearly states there is a charge. I pay
60 unlimited
40 VVM smartphone
2.99 roadside
8.99 insurance
-9.00 work discount
36.25 equipment (payment plan for 800 phone)
13.35 taxes and other fees
Total of $152.58
So art is a rip off because they are charging $40 for freaking visual voicemail... which is not explained in the beginning of the contract.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.