Helpful Links

Visual voicemail

Visual voicemail

My sister says that there is a way to uninstall/turn off visual voicemail so I don't have to pay the extra $40 a month that I CANNOT afford! I do not use the VVM anyway!!!
If someone could please tell me how to do this I would appreciate it!!!
Thanks!!!
Message 1 of 154
Contributor

Re: Charge for VVM plus monthly charge for data also??

I beg to differ with you.  If you would purchase a new plan and new iphone with AT&T as a new customer, you are only being charged $20 to add any additional phones to your $60 monthly data plan.  But on my bill it doesn't show $20, it shows $40 w/VVM.  So....... apparently AT&T has decided to charge me an extra $20 for each of my additional lines and describe it as VVM.  That's why everyone is barking about VVM.

Message 46 of 154
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

@MichaelPM If you are on a mobile share plan and paying a $40 line fee, it is because the line is on a 2 year contract. That line fee will drop when the contract is fulfilled. It has nothing to do with visual voicemail.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 47 of 154
ACE - Expert

@MichaelPM wrote:

I beg to differ with you.  If you would purchase a new plan and new iphone with AT&T as a new customer, you are only being charged $20 to add any additional phones to your $60 monthly data plan.  But on my bill it doesn't show $20, it shows $40 w/VVM.  So....... apparently AT&T has decided to charge me an extra $20 for each of my additional lines and describe it as VVM.  That's why everyone is barking about VVM.

Did you move over from an old contract plan? The costs of the phone are probably what's making it go up to $40.

What plan name Mobile Share ADVANTAGE or Mobile Share Value?  How much data?

Mine says $40 too, but then I get the line discount because I don't have a contracted phone.

It's NOT $40 for the Voice mail, I promise you, it's for the line.

It's like if your receipt said "iPhone 16GB Rose Gold $649", it's not $649 for the color, it's $649 for the phone and the color is free!

• This is the public AT&T community forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When solved / helped, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be the correct information...
    The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, it's particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post).
  • *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 48 of 154
    ACE - Expert

MichaelPM wrote:

@MichaelPM   You can "differ" if you want, but your opinion is based on faulty facts.

Geesh!   I would pay you $20 if you would just read the thread before you toss in your 2 cents.  

$20 on the Mobile Share Advantage plan is the out of contract line fee and still includes VVM is you want to use this free service.   If you are a new customer to ATT and purchased your phone on installments, or brought your own phone, you are "out of contract". 

If existing customers move from an old plan and have a contract still, they must complete the contract with the $40 line fee.   Just as they would bring any installment payments with them to switch to a new plan within ATT.   Contracts are for 2 years.  Until your contract expires the line fee remains at $40, even if you switch from Family Share plan, Nathionwide 450 or the Mobile Share Value,  to Mobile Share Advantage plan.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 49 of 154
    Contributor

Once I would appreciate recommended AT&T... not anymore an I've been a great customer Fer over 10 years or more .... I am also getting the $40.00 fee on my bill and NO!! It is not a part of the bill specially sence my bill has gone up from what I always pay a month ... I am sorry to say that I'll be calling them an canceling m6 long term service at the end of the month
    .. enough is enough with the rise in my bill an the crappie equipment that I was dumb enough to buy Fer over $500.00 ... an this is what people like me loyal customers get Thanks
    Message 50 of 154
    ACE - Expert

@Gmerritt It's NOT $40 for the Voice mail, I promise you, it's for the line.

It's like if your receipt said "iPhone 16GB Rose Gold $649", it's not $649 for the "rose gold", it's $649 for the phone and the color is free!

If you'd like to post that portion of the bill we'll help you disect it. Since we don't know what plan (and data tier) you are on, it's really hard to help...

• This is the public AT&T community forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When solved / helped, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be the correct information...
    The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, it's particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post).
  • *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 51 of 154
    ACE - Expert

Gmerritt wrote:
    Once I would appreciate recommended AT&T... not anymore an I've been a great customer Fer over 10 years or more .... I am also getting the $40.00 fee on my bill and NO!! It is not a part of the bill specially sence my bill has gone up from what I always pay a month ... I am sorry to say that I'll be calling them an canceling m6 long term service at the end of the month
    .. enough is enough with the rise in my bill an the crappie equipment that I was dumb enough to buy Fer over $500.00 ... an this is what people like me loyal customers get Thanks

And any carrier you switch to will require you pay for your phones, or pay a higher line fee to pay for your phones.  I don't buy from the carrier, but a good phone is still going to cost you a few hundred dollars.

This isn't an ATT thing, it's all carriers 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
    Message 52 of 154
    Contributor

I feel like my family is overpaying too. We have had iPhones through Att since 2008. I have friends and some family the go through Sprint and they have unlimited everything for Much less $$. Before I had unlimited data att would send me bills saying I used 30gb and charge massive overages, as soon as I got the unlimited plan my bill shows I'm only using 8 per month at the most. I have changed NOTHING! The little I do use is only because my phone takes itself off of wifi for no reason. I am a stay at home mom and I'm only using my phone inside my house, I have great wifi. It feels like iv been being charged with mystery fees or for things I wasn't really using for over 8 years now. Sorry to rant, I could have simply said I feel the same way you do, like I'm being taken advantage of. (I'm also a DIRECTV customer, I have been for more than 8 years and I just found out last month that I could get a discount for that, too bad nobody told me over the hundreds of phone calls with att complaining about my HUGE bill)
    Message 53 of 154
    ACE - Expert

@cheynerochman So why are you still a customer? By the way, the Directv discount for having the unlimited plan just started last month, you haven't been missing out on anything.

Message 54 of 154
    ACE - Expert

@cheynerochman

That's funny.  When ATT talks about competition, it's Verizon and T-mobile.   Sprint is still king of dropped calls and limited service area.  The prices are low because they are desperate to draw customers.  If you don't really need your cell service, by all means....

Message 55 of 154
    ACE - Expert

@cheynerochman wrote:
     (I'm also a DIRECTV customer, I have been for more than 8 years and I just found out last month that I could get a discount for that, too bad nobody told me over the hundreds of phone calls with att complaining about my HUGE bill)

It is new as of March 2017.

But they have been advertising the heck out of the new plans and the fact that they give $25 off DIrecTV with Unlimited Plus. You need to check the plans a few times a year to make sure nothing has changed.

You also get free HBO!

Message 56 of 154

There is an additional charge for VVM for At&t. Stop saying there isn't a charge. It's $60 a month for unlimited then $40 for Smartphone/IPhone Access for VVM. My bill clearly states there is a charge. I pay
    60 unlimited
    40 VVM smartphone
    2.99 roadside
    8.99 insurance
    -9.00 work discount
    36.25 equipment (payment plan for 800 phone)
    13.35 taxes and other fees
    Total of $152.58
    So art is a rip off because they are charging $40 for freaking visual voicemail... which is not explained in the beginning of the contract.
    Message 57 of 154
    Employee

There IS NOT an extra charge for visual voicemail. I repeat, there IS NOT an extra charge. 

Go ahead and call 611 and have them move you from ACCESS FOR SMARTPHONE 4G LTE W/VVM to simply ACCESS FOR SMARTPHONE 4G LTE...

The price will still be the same. /thread 

Employee Contributor*
    *I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
    Message 58 of 154

There is an additional charge for VVM for At&t. Stop saying there isn't a charge. It's $60 a month for unlimited then $40 for Smartphone/IPhone Access for VVM. My bill clearly states there is a charge. I pay
    60 unlimited
    40 VVM smartphone
    2.99 roadside
    8.99 insurance
    -9.00 work discount
    Total of $152.58
    So art is a rip off because they are charging $40 for freaking visual voicemail... which is not explained in the beginning of the contract.
    Message 59 of 154

Re: Visual voicemail

60 unlimited
    40 VVM smartphone
    2.99 roadside
    8.99 insurance
    -9.00 work discount
    Total of $152.58
    For you being an ATT employee.. you're totally incorrect!
    Message 60 of 154
    Share this topic
    Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support