Visual voicemail

Highlighted

Visual voicemail

My sister says that there is a way to uninstall/turn off visual voicemail so I don't have to pay the extra $40 a month that I CANNOT afford! I do not use the VVM anyway!!!
If someone could please tell me how to do this I would appreciate it!!!
Thanks!!!
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 52
Community Manager

Re: Visual voicemail

Hello @Gunnersdai 

You're not paying for the Visual Voicemail, it's part of the data plan, and it's required on all smartphones. $40 sounds line a smartphone fee on a Mobile Share plan, is that what you have? When you complete your two year contract, your monthly phone charge will be reduced, the only other way to lower it is to switch to a basic phone.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 52

We do have a family

We do have a family
Message 3 of 52

Yes mobile share plan. On bill shows $40 charge next to v...

Yes mobile share plan. On bill shows $40 charge next to visual voicemail. So im
Message 4 of 52

So $40

So $40
Message 5 of 52

Charge for VVM plus monthly charge for data also??

Charge for VVM plus monthly charge for data also??
Message 6 of 52
Contributor

Re: Charge for VVM plus monthly charge for data also??

How do I block a number from leaving a voicemail in Visual Voicemail?  I've blocked a number, in that it doesn't ring my phone, but I can see that it called, and I am not able to block the number from leaving a voicemail.

Message 7 of 52
Contributor

too just realized that ,on my bill. there IS a $40 charge for visual voicemail feature.. I never call into the center so....Mobile share value 15gb with rollover data plan.

Message 8 of 52
ACE - Professor

You're seeing something like this:

Billing   Usage   AT T.png

Correct?

This is just your line-item, for your entire Smartphone plan, and is telling you that Visual Voicemail is included, as part of the plan, it's all rolled-up.

You're not being charged anything extra for VVM, it's part of the plan, just like all of the MSV plans.

Hope this clears things up, you don't need to be turning off any phones or similar, due to extra VVM charges...

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 52
Contributor

So,  AT&T UNLIMITED plan $60.00 is for data, text, phone calls

then the additional Access for iPhone 4G LTE w/vvm $40.00 for my phone 

And the additional Access for Smartphone 4G LTE w/vvm $40.00 for additional phones which we can't remove, reduce or change basically means that our "family" plan is really $60 a month + additional $40 charges for each smartphone ...

we we also have 2 tablets (THIS is reasonable @ $12.04 a month including taxes)

Why do I, as a VERY LONG TIME LOYAL customer feel like I'm being screwed and find myself considering switching to another provider when my contract runs out - hmmmm

Oh and by the way I was not pleased with the new change that instead of being able to buy a new phone upgrade for $200 at the end of my contract (after waiting 2 years) now you are billing me monthly installments for each $650 - $850 phone.  

AGAIN WHERE'S THE LOYALTY INCENTIVE IN THAT!!!

Message 10 of 52

Then why does it say 40.00 for Smartphone 4G LTE w/ Visual VM if thats not in fact what its charging for??? I would think that would be simple to change so people could understand if it in fact isn't a charge for VM.

Message 11 of 52
ACE - Master

@Thinblueline wrote:

Then why does it say 40.00 for Smartphone 4G LTE w/ Visual VM if thats not in fact what its charging for??? I would think that would be simple to change so people could understand if it in fact isn't a charge for VM.

If my receipt says "iPhone 7 Silver $649" am I paying $649 for the Silver?

I'm paying $649 for the iPhone 7, the silver is included but they identify it on the receipt.

Think of "Smartphone 4G LTE w/ Visual VM $40" as paying $40 for the Smartphone 4G LTE but do you want it to support regular VM or visual VM? This part tells which kind of voicemail you have, but you're not paying extra for it. 

What is it about "w/ Visual VM" (with Visual voice mail) that makes you think that's where the money is going? Why don't you think the $40 is going to "Smartphone 4G LTE" instead?

• This is the public AT&T community forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When solved / helped, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be the correct information...
    The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, it's particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post).
  • *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 12 of 52
    Contributor

I agree ATT is a rip off, I just switched my daughter to Sprint and she got a new Iphone and a awewome plan and I pay $60 a month no extra charges for visual voicemal and stuff, I am switching to Sprint as soon as my contract is up, I have been with them for nearly 20 years they have no loyalty programs/benefits for long time clients.

Message 13 of 52
    ACE - Master

@manmartin wrote:

I agree ATT is a rip off, I just switched my daughter to Sprint and she got a new Iphone and a awewome plan and I pay $60 a month no extra charges for visual voicemal and stuff, I am switching to Sprint as soon as my contract is up, I have been with them for nearly 20 years they have no loyalty programs/benefits for long time clients.

There is no extra charge for visual voicemail! 

I pay for my plan and my line (plus  taxes/fees which I also had with Sprint) and I have no extra charges for stuff..

• This is the public AT&T community forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When solved / helped, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be the correct information...
    The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, it's particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post).
  • *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 14 of 52
    Contributor

The $40 per line charge in addition to the plan is ridiculous. I'm shopping around now, I've been with AT&T since 1996 but enough is enough.
    Message 15 of 52
    You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
    Share this topic
    Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support