Visual Voice Mail Provisioning

Tutor

Visual Voice Mail Provisioning

[ Edited ]

My husband and I both just upgraded to iPhone 5. Visual voice mail was working on both phones before the upgrade. However, we are not able to set up visual voicemail on the new phones. We just get a message saying, "Voicemail Unavailable. Unable to connect. Try again later." When you call our phone you hear our old message, but we get no notification that a voicemail was left. Help, please!!

Message 1 of 44 (177,053 Views)
Tutor

Re: Visual Voice Mail on iPhone 5

Same issue here. Upgraded from iPhone 3GS to 5 today ... And Visual Voicemail is now unavailable ... Unable to connect. Hangs when trying to save greeting choice. 

Message 16 of 44 (173,616 Views)
Contributor

Same problem here. All the excitement to get new phone is gone. Wish to have my iPhone 4 back !

Message 17 of 44 (173,566 Views)
Mentor

Count me in as we'll, iPhone 5 is working great except for visual voicemail, I upgraded from a 3GS and when I try to save a recorded greeting in visual voicemail I get the "unable to connect to voicemail pop up" I called AT&T and spoke to their tech support we went thru the standard steps- reboot the iPhone, reset network settings, still not working, AT&t says its due to iOS 6 and that there is a trouble ticket open for this issue. im located in the Bronx, NY. I hope we all get up and running soon. 

Message 18 of 44 (173,315 Views)
Professor

Not sure it's related to iOS6 as otherwise everyone would have the problem. It works fine on my iPhone 5. First time I access the visual voicemail, it called the voicemail number and I had to reenter my password, but after that, visual voicemail popped back up, including the old voicemails that I had saved.
Message 19 of 44 (173,203 Views)
Tutor

Mine is now working. Everyone try again this morning!
Message 20 of 44 (173,197 Views)
Mentor

My visual voice mail is working now as well, I tried it just after 6am Eastern time, hope everybody is back up.
Message 21 of 44 (173,171 Views)
Tutor

Mine still is not showing that i even have messages. When I see I have a missed call I have to restart my phone and then the voicemails pop up and I can listen to them. . Very frustrating!

Message 22 of 44 (173,134 Views)
Tutor

i was having the same issue. I turn my phone off for 3 minutes and turned it back on. It works now.

Message 23 of 44 (173,032 Views)
Voyager

Follow up: mine is working now too. Woke up this morning with voicemail notifications on the lock screen.
Message 24 of 44 (172,982 Views)
Tutor

Followup:  Also working for me today.  Was able to save my greeting last night and testsed it this morning.  Got notiifcation (red dot with number) and was able to retrieve voicemail.

Message 25 of 44 (172,551 Views)
Teacher

No Visual Voicemail here either!  Maybe it's a OS issue or new iPhone issue?

That sucks that I have to "dail/call" voicemail everytime?!  It's like we're back in 1994?!

I hope an iOS update will fix this shiat!

Message 26 of 44 (170,967 Views)
Master

shie0023 wrote:

No Visual Voicemail here either!  Maybe it's a OS issue or new iPhone issue?

That sucks that I have to "dail/call" voicemail everytime?!  It's like we're back in 1994?!

I hope an iOS update will fix this shiat!

Doubtful its a phone issue.  Generally this is caused by a cellular data network issue in your area.

Message 27 of 44 (170,399 Views)
Contributor

I migrated from iPhone 3G to iPhone 5 a week ago and had no issues with visual voicemail as it migrated right over from my 3G with no setup required.

Yesterday, my iPhone displayed "visual voicemail unavailable" and I had to access my VM manually.   I powered down my phone and when  it was turned back on, the Visual Voicemail was now working.

Today, I had two instinces where Visual Voicemail was "unavailable" again, and when I powered down again, it came back.   The 2nd time, it came back quickly before I had the chance to power the phone down.

Are the prevailing thoughs that it is a carrier issue or an IOS6/iPhone 5 issue?    FWIW, I never had this issue with my iPhone 3G.

Message 28 of 44 (169,724 Views)
Voyager

Same problem here been a week. Got a call yesterday from AT&T billing yesterday saying that they had did someing and to re boot my phone  did all that and it worked for 2 calls then right back to not available. At the end of the call from AT&T he said it might be my device. Thought that also till I am seeing other people having problem as well.  Could it be the OS 6 ????   OS 6 works on my wifes IPhone 4. 

Message 29 of 44 (169,414 Views)
Voyager

Funny thing is when I frist got the phone and set up the voice mail I though it was working fine I could be wrong on this.

I am suppose to be getting a call from a AT&T teck tonight around 7pm est she was on the phone last week for two hours working and documenting my problem    Lets see if I get a call 

Message 30 of 44 (169,408 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.