Visual Voice Mail Provisioning

Tutor

Visual Voice Mail Provisioning

[ Edited ]

My husband and I both just upgraded to iPhone 5. Visual voice mail was working on both phones before the upgrade. However, we are not able to set up visual voicemail on the new phones. We just get a message saying, "Voicemail Unavailable. Unable to connect. Try again later." When you call our phone you hear our old message, but we get no notification that a voicemail was left. Help, please!!

Message 1 of 44 (177,120 Views)
Professor

Re: Visual Voice Mail on iPhone 5

Try manually calling your voicemail on your iPhone (Dialing your own number) and see if it is set up. Sometimes when you activate a new phone, you have to set it up again

Message 2 of 44 (176,538 Views)
Professor

Did you try the voicemail more than once? When I got my new phone, it dialed the viocemail phone number the first time. Then I had to re-enter my VM password. After closing VM, visual voicemail was back the next time I tried.
Message 3 of 44 (176,522 Views)
Tutor

I have tried on the phone many times today with no luck. I can dial my own number and hear my messages. It is set up. I just cannot see them or listen to them on the phone.

Message 4 of 44 (176,514 Views)
Master

I didn't get the pop-up asking for my voicemail pin until after I rebooted the phone and it reconnected to the network.

Message 5 of 44 (176,453 Views)
Tutor

Now, it *appears* to be working -- but not really. When I restart my phone all my voicemails pop up as unheard. I can listen to them and all seems well. However, I'm not getting any new ones unless I restart my phone again. I don't even know I have new voicemails until I restart the phone. Then, all the old, deleted ones and any new ones are all back again. Help!

Message 6 of 44 (175,366 Views)
Contributor

My visual voicemail on my iPhone 5 isn't working as well. I don't ever get it to connect. Always get the message. Unable to connect. Please try again later. Nobody seems to know a answer. the phone works perfectly besides this.
Message 7 of 44 (174,883 Views)
Contributor

During voicemail setup on the iphone5, I'm getting about a minute spinning at "Saving Password ...", then "Voicemail Unavailable"

Message 8 of 44 (174,529 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Having the same problem - spent an hour with ATT chat tech support - no resolution.  Performed soft reset, reset network settings several times; checked greeting and changed password (phone never prompted for new one), tech removed vm from my account and re-added it - nothing fixed it.......

Message 9 of 44 (174,521 Views)
Tutor

Same problem here.  iphone3Gs to iphone5 upgrade.  FIrst it told me visual voice mail was not available, but there was a button to call.  I heard a message, but was was never notified of having one.

Then I turned off phone and restarted.  Now visual voicemail screen is there, but it appears to hang while saving either default or custom greeting.  Called from landline and mobile and left message and was never notified and cannot get the voicemail.

Same error as others report, unavailable, try again later.

Message 10 of 44 (174,466 Views)
Contributor

Just upgraded from an Android to the iPhone 4S and with the upgrade the OS upgraded to IOS 6.  The voicemail notification and voicemail itself worked at least the first day.  Just upgrade my wife's phone yesterday to the 4S and she had problems today so I check mine, same problem.  I spent over an hour with tech support, we reload the OS, reset network settings several times and nothing seems to work.

Message 11 of 44 (174,180 Views)
Tutor

Similar issue here. Upgraded from 3GS to iPhone 5 earlier this week. Got a voicemail from my mom today & it prompted me for a password. Unfortunately I entered the phone password instead of the vm password on autopilot & then it would not let me reenter the correct one.

I was able to hear the message by calling up & my greeting & password were unchanged but no visual voicemail.

Called 611, reset my password, had a friend leave a new message, didn't show up. Tried to set up voicemail, would not save. Called up again & mg greeting was still there & the message was there. Saved the message & then no longer had the ability to set up voicemail. Called 611 again, they offered to reset my password. I said that didn't work, do you have something better, she said no.

So I looked up the nearest AT&T store. On my way she called me back & said the visual voicemail server is down in my area. Yet, my friend 10 mins from me has his working. Went into the store they called my phone left a message & reset my password. I was once again unable to set up voicemail. 2 other folks in that store & apple employee in apple store across the way unable to reach their visual voicemail. The store says the server must be down.

I don't get it though! Why does my friend 10 minutes from me have no issue? Grrrrrrr. This had better resolve soon.
Message 12 of 44 (173,956 Views)
Voyager

[ Edited ]

Yet another user here that can't get visual voicemail to work. Got my iPhone 5 this afternoon. Checked voicemail on my old iPhone 4 this morning no problem. Upgraded to iPhone 5, then problem. Voicemail is set up and is working properly. 

Spent an hour on the line with two different ATT reps, couldn't fix it. Went through resetting vmail passwords, calling voicemail, resetting passwords and like everyone else in here getting the "Voicemail Unavailable" error. Rep said to restore phone as new, just did that. Still not working. Frustrating to say the least.  Apple says call AT&T Smiley Sad 

Message 13 of 44 (173,891 Views)
Explorer

Another iPhone 5 upgraded with no Visual Voicemail here. No notifications. When I go to select a greeting and save it, I get "Voicemail Unavailable - Unable to connect. Try again later"

Would love someone at AT&T to do some checking on this. There's a  thread building over at Macrumors on this issue too.

Message 14 of 44 (173,866 Views)
Contributor

Same issue as those above. No way server is down. My wife on 4s is working fine. Problem started with upgrade
Message 15 of 44 (173,821 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.