Visual Voice Mail Provisioning

Tutor

Visual Voice Mail Provisioning

My husband and I both just upgraded to iPhone 5. Visual voice mail was working on both phones before the upgrade. However, we are not able to set up visual voicemail on the new phones. We just get a message saying, "Voicemail Unavailable. Unable to connect. Try again later." When you call our phone you hear our old message, but we get no notification that a voicemail was left. Help, please!!

Message 1 of 44
Contributor

Re: Visual Voice Mail on iPhone 5

Mine is not working. I have even tried to dial in from another phone and it says the wireless customer is unavailable please try again later. I don't use vm very much but if its important I'd like the caller to be able to leave a message.
Message 31 of 44
Master

I kinda doubt its iOS6 or everyone would be experiencing the problem not just some people so far mine has worked or at least I have not got a call from anyone saying I left you a voice mail and you did not respond I did have to re-enter my password which I thought was odd since it should have been stored in memory.

Message 32 of 44
Tutor

next time choose a gs3

Message 33 of 44
Voyager

Ok Apple got involved and before they would send me a new phone they had me back up everything to IClound. They then had name reset phone to factory settings just like you get it out of the box.   I thelist argued it up went through the set up procedure and tested the phone calling from my home phone ,my wife's cell about 8-10 times leaving voice mail , it worked everytime. I've done it another 4 time today and recieved 3 other calls and it all worked.  Bad news is when I went to restore from iCloud it won't do it.  Apple wanted me to restore with all the stuff that was on the phone think there was a glitch in something that caused it.  I was not able to so I just went ahead a re entered as much as I could remember that I had on there.  Anyway so far so good 

Message 34 of 44
Contributor

Count me as one more 4G -- > 5

Same issues, and more. No need to repeat.

But...AT&T and Apple, are you reading this? This and other bulletin boards all over are describing the same issues.  Your support reps all sound as if it's the first time they've heard this.

It's a real problem:

#1 Acknowledge it

#2 Commit to fix it

# 3 Fix it

#4 Don't rush product to market before they are ready

Message 35 of 44
Tutor

Okay, I just got off the phone with apple. In DENVER the entire LTE network will NOT work with the visual voicemails - they are working on it. So, here's how we got it to work. Go to Settings/general/cellular/ and then turn OFF LTE... Boom. 4g kicks in and all of my messages magically appear. I guess AT&T are well aware that the LTE network won't allow visual voice messages and are fixing it. So, until then - 4G it is. I hope this helps.
Message 36 of 44
Contributor

Same here in SF, basically Voicemail outage.

The sad and frustrating thing is that this was anounced 2 hours after spending a whole hour with at&t support where they blamed the problem on the device and shipped me off to Apple.  Are you telling me they did not have an inkling an hour earlier that there was a network-wide problem?

I still have problems with LTE and 4G interaction, basically LTE is useless for a long time after a phone call in or out

Message 37 of 44
Contributor

I have been having the same issue & was excited with the LTE. I was just going to call AT&T & decided to check online to see if there are others out there. Thank you for the legwork! I wonder how long it will be until this gets resolved.

Message 38 of 44
Contributor

Same thing happened to me. I spent a day trying to figure it out. I tried the chat for at&t support at liveperson.net-they never picked up. I was unable to post a problem but now can comment. I was ready to take 3 phones back to the store. Rebooting did work for me. Thanks
Message 39 of 44
Contributor

I was having a similar problem where it wasn't letting me set up my voicemail.  I tried to have the default response and it told me something to the effect of "voicemail unavailable, try again later."  However, when I turned on cellular data but had roaming and LTE turned off, all of the problems cleared up immediately.  I hope this helps out.

Message 40 of 44
Teacher

If you upgraded at a store like Walmart then they probably selected the stupid option of "data unlimited...without visual voicemail". See http://queenofthenerds.net/fix-visual-voicemail-broken-after-iphone-5-upgrade/comment-page-1/#commen... where she points out that you can go into your AT&T account and select the option of “Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE” instead of “Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE without visual voicemail”  I just did it - it's easy to do and thenere's no charge of any kind to switch.

Tags (1)
Message 41 of 44
Contributor

thank you, that was it for me.
Message 42 of 44
Tutor

Thanx. Fixed my problem with my Best Buy purchased phone - it was "Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE without visual voicemail"
Message 43 of 44
Highlighted
Community Manager

For more information about visual voicemail on iPhone, and how to make sure that it's properly set up, click on the link below.

Visual Voicemail for iPhone

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 44 of 44
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support