Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 24, 2012
5:33:07 PM
View profile
Visual Voice Mail Provisioning
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on Sep 10, 2013 at 7:51:09 AM

My husband and I both just upgraded to iPhone 5. Visual voice mail was working on both phones before the upgrade. However, we are not able to set up visual voicemail on the new phones. We just get a message saying, "Voicemail Unavailable. Unable to connect. Try again later." When you call our phone you hear our old message, but we get no notification that a voicemail was left. Help, please!!

My husband and I both just upgraded to iPhone 5. Visual voice mail was working on both phones before the upgrade. However, we are not able to set up visual voicemail on the new phones. We just get a message saying, "Voicemail Unavailable. Unable to connect. Try again later." When you call our phone you hear our old message, but we get no notification that a voicemail was left. Help, please!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 17, 2013 6:35:30 PM
(0)
Teacher

If you upgraded at a store like Walmart then they probably selected the stupid option of "data unlimited...without visual voicemail". See http://queenofthenerds.net/fix-visual-voicemail-broken-after-iphone-5-upgrade/comment-page-1/#comment-670 where she points out that you can go into your AT&T account and select the option of “Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE” instead of “Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE without visual voicemail”  I just did it - it's easy to do and thenere's no charge of any kind to switch.

Accepted Solution

Visual Voice Mail Provisioning

[ Edited ]
43 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(43)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2012 7:28:58 AM
(0)
Contributor
Mine is not working. I have even tried to dial in from another phone and it says the wireless customer is unavailable please try again later. I don't use vm very much but if its important I'd like the caller to be able to leave a message.
Mine is not working. I have even tried to dial in from another phone and it says the wireless customer is unavailable please try again later. I don't use vm very much but if its important I'd like the caller to be able to leave a message.

Re: Visual Voice Mail on iPhone 5

31 of 44 (19,744 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2012 7:45:14 AM
(0)
Master

I kinda doubt its iOS6 or everyone would be experiencing the problem not just some people so far mine has worked or at least I have not got a call from anyone saying I left you a voice mail and you did not respond I did have to re-enter my password which I thought was odd since it should have been stored in memory.

I kinda doubt its iOS6 or everyone would be experiencing the problem not just some people so far mine has worked or at least I have not got a call from anyone saying I left you a voice mail and you did not respond I did have to re-enter my password which I thought was odd since it should have been stored in memory.

32 of 44 (19,739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2012 2:22:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

next time choose a gs3

next time choose a gs3

33 of 44 (19,672 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2012 7:24:17 AM
(0)
Voyager

Ok Apple got involved and before they would send me a new phone they had me back up everything to IClound. They then had name reset phone to factory settings just like you get it out of the box.   I thelist argued it up went through the set up procedure and tested the phone calling from my home phone ,my wife's cell about 8-10 times leaving voice mail , it worked everytime. I've done it another 4 time today and recieved 3 other calls and it all worked.  Bad news is when I went to restore from iCloud it won't do it.  Apple wanted me to restore with all the stuff that was on the phone think there was a glitch in something that caused it.  I was not able to so I just went ahead a re entered as much as I could remember that I had on there.  Anyway so far so good 

Ok Apple got involved and before they would send me a new phone they had me back up everything to IClound. They then had name reset phone to factory settings just like you get it out of the box.   I thelist argued it up went through the set up procedure and tested the phone calling from my home phone ,my wife's cell about 8-10 times leaving voice mail , it worked everytime. I've done it another 4 time today and recieved 3 other calls and it all worked.  Bad news is when I went to restore from iCloud it won't do it.  Apple wanted me to restore with all the stuff that was on the phone think there was a glitch in something that caused it.  I was not able to so I just went ahead a re entered as much as I could remember that I had on there.  Anyway so far so good 

34 of 44 (19,566 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 5:37:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

Count me as one more 4G -- > 5

Same issues, and more. No need to repeat.

But...AT&T and Apple, are you reading this? This and other bulletin boards all over are describing the same issues.  Your support reps all sound as if it's the first time they've heard this.

It's a real problem:

#1 Acknowledge it

#2 Commit to fix it

# 3 Fix it

#4 Don't rush product to market before they are ready

Count me as one more 4G -- > 5

Same issues, and more. No need to repeat.

But...AT&T and Apple, are you reading this? This and other bulletin boards all over are describing the same issues.  Your support reps all sound as if it's the first time they've heard this.

It's a real problem:

#1 Acknowledge it

#2 Commit to fix it

# 3 Fix it

#4 Don't rush product to market before they are ready

35 of 44 (15,675 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 6:08:38 PM
(0)
Tutor
Okay, I just got off the phone with apple. In DENVER the entire LTE network will NOT work with the visual voicemails - they are working on it. So, here's how we got it to work. Go to Settings/general/cellular/ and then turn OFF LTE... Boom. 4g kicks in and all of my messages magically appear. I guess AT&T are well aware that the LTE network won't allow visual voice messages and are fixing it. So, until then - 4G it is. I hope this helps.
Okay, I just got off the phone with apple. In DENVER the entire LTE network will NOT work with the visual voicemails - they are working on it. So, here's how we got it to work. Go to Settings/general/cellular/ and then turn OFF LTE... Boom. 4g kicks in and all of my messages magically appear. I guess AT&T are well aware that the LTE network won't allow visual voice messages and are fixing it. So, until then - 4G it is. I hope this helps.

36 of 44 (15,664 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2012 7:33:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

Same here in SF, basically Voicemail outage.

The sad and frustrating thing is that this was anounced 2 hours after spending a whole hour with at&t support where they blamed the problem on the device and shipped me off to Apple.  Are you telling me they did not have an inkling an hour earlier that there was a network-wide problem?

I still have problems with LTE and 4G interaction, basically LTE is useless for a long time after a phone call in or out

Same here in SF, basically Voicemail outage.

The sad and frustrating thing is that this was anounced 2 hours after spending a whole hour with at&t support where they blamed the problem on the device and shipped me off to Apple.  Are you telling me they did not have an inkling an hour earlier that there was a network-wide problem?

I still have problems with LTE and 4G interaction, basically LTE is useless for a long time after a phone call in or out

37 of 44 (15,436 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2012 9:17:48 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have been having the same issue & was excited with the LTE. I was just going to call AT&T & decided to check online to see if there are others out there. Thank you for the legwork! I wonder how long it will be until this gets resolved.

I have been having the same issue & was excited with the LTE. I was just going to call AT&T & decided to check online to see if there are others out there. Thank you for the legwork! I wonder how long it will be until this gets resolved.

38 of 44 (15,217 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2012 12:29:34 PM
(0)
Contributor
Same thing happened to me. I spent a day trying to figure it out. I tried the chat for at&t support at liveperson.net-they never picked up. I was unable to post a problem but now can comment. I was ready to take 3 phones back to the store. Rebooting did work for me. Thanks
Same thing happened to me. I spent a day trying to figure it out. I tried the chat for at&t support at liveperson.net-they never picked up. I was unable to post a problem but now can comment. I was ready to take 3 phones back to the store. Rebooting did work for me. Thanks

39 of 44 (14,709 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2013 6:41:28 PM
(0)
Contributor

I was having a similar problem where it wasn't letting me set up my voicemail.  I tried to have the default response and it told me something to the effect of "voicemail unavailable, try again later."  However, when I turned on cellular data but had roaming and LTE turned off, all of the problems cleared up immediately.  I hope this helps out.

I was having a similar problem where it wasn't letting me set up my voicemail.  I tried to have the default response and it told me something to the effect of "voicemail unavailable, try again later."  However, when I turned on cellular data but had roaming and LTE turned off, all of the problems cleared up immediately.  I hope this helps out.

40 of 44 (14,355 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 17, 2013 6:35:30 PM
(0)
Teacher

If you upgraded at a store like Walmart then they probably selected the stupid option of "data unlimited...without visual voicemail". See http://queenofthenerds.net/fix-visual-voicemail-broken-after-iphone-5-upgrade/comment-page-1/#commen... where she points out that you can go into your AT&T account and select the option of “Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE” instead of “Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE without visual voicemail”  I just did it - it's easy to do and thenere's no charge of any kind to switch.

If you upgraded at a store like Walmart then they probably selected the stupid option of "data unlimited...without visual voicemail". See http://queenofthenerds.net/fix-visual-voicemail-broken-after-iphone-5-upgrade/comment-page-1/#comment-670 where she points out that you can go into your AT&T account and select the option of “Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE” instead of “Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE without visual voicemail”  I just did it - it's easy to do and thenere's no charge of any kind to switch.

41 of 44 (13,614 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2013 10:21:56 AM
(0)
Contributor
thank you, that was it for me.
thank you, that was it for me.

42 of 44 (13,547 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2013 4:14:59 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanx. Fixed my problem with my Best Buy purchased phone - it was "Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE without visual voicemail"
Thanx. Fixed my problem with my Best Buy purchased phone - it was "Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE without visual voicemail"

43 of 44 (12,715 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2013 7:56:08 AM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on Sep 10, 2013 at 8:01:58 AM

For more information about visual voicemail on iPhone, and how to make sure that it's properly set up, click on the link below.

Visual Voicemail for iPhone

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

For more information about visual voicemail on iPhone, and how to make sure that it's properly set up, click on the link below.

Visual Voicemail for iPhone

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
44 of 44 (10,137 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments