For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
RADC's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 12:33 AM

Visual Voice Mail Provisioning

My husband and I both just upgraded to iPhone 5. Visual voice mail was working on both phones before the upgrade. However, we are not able to set up visual voicemail on the new phones. We just get a message saying, "Voicemail Unavailable. Unable to connect. Try again later." When you call our phone you hear our old message, but we get no notification that a voicemail was left. Help, please!!

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

12 years ago

My visual voice mail is working now as well, I tried it just after 6am Eastern time, hope everybody is back up.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Mine still is not showing that i even have messages. When I see I have a missed call I have to restart my phone and then the voicemails pop up and I can listen to them. . Very frustrating!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

i was having the same issue. I turn my phone off for 3 minutes and turned it back on. It works now.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Follow up: mine is working now too. Woke up this morning with voicemail notifications on the lock screen.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

Followup:  Also working for me today.  Was able to save my greeting last night and testsed it this morning.  Got notiifcation (red dot with number) and was able to retrieve voicemail.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

No Visual Voicemail here either!  Maybe it's a OS issue or new iPhone issue?

That sucks that I have to "dail/call" voicemail everytime?!  It's like we're back in 1994?!

I hope an iOS update will fix this shiat!

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

12 years ago

@shie0023 wrote:

No Visual Voicemail here either!  Maybe it's a OS issue or new iPhone issue?

That sucks that I have to "dail/call" voicemail everytime?!  It's like we're back in 1994?!

I hope an iOS update will fix this shiat!

Doubtful its a phone issue.  Generally this is caused by a cellular data network issue in your area.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I migrated from iPhone 3G to iPhone 5 a week ago and had no issues with visual voicemail as it migrated right over from my 3G with no setup required.

Yesterday, my iPhone displayed "visual voicemail unavailable" and I had to access my VM manually.   I powered down my phone and when  it was turned back on, the Visual Voicemail was now working.

Today, I had two instinces where Visual Voicemail was "unavailable" again, and when I powered down again, it came back.   The 2nd time, it came back quickly before I had the chance to power the phone down.

Are the prevailing thoughs that it is a carrier issue or an IOS6/iPhone 5 issue?    FWIW, I never had this issue with my iPhone 3G.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Same problem here been a week. Got a call yesterday from AT&T billing yesterday saying that they had did someing and to re boot my phone  did all that and it worked for 2 calls then right back to not available. At the end of the call from AT&T he said it might be my device. Thought that also till I am seeing other people having problem as well.  Could it be the OS 6 ????   OS 6 works on my wifes IPhone 4. 

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Funny thing is when I frist got the phone and set up the voice mail I though it was working fine I could be wrong on this.

I am suppose to be getting a call from a AT&T teck tonight around 7pm est she was on the phone last week for two hours working and documenting my problem    Lets see if I get a call 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.