For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
RADC's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 12:33 AM

Visual Voice Mail Provisioning

My husband and I both just upgraded to iPhone 5. Visual voice mail was working on both phones before the upgrade. However, we are not able to set up visual voicemail on the new phones. We just get a message saying, "Voicemail Unavailable. Unable to connect. Try again later." When you call our phone you hear our old message, but we get no notification that a voicemail was left. Help, please!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Just upgraded from an Android to the iPhone 4S and with the upgrade the OS upgraded to IOS 6.  The voicemail notification and voicemail itself worked at least the first day.  Just upgrade my wife's phone yesterday to the 4S and she had problems today so I check mine, same problem.  I spent over an hour with tech support, we reload the OS, reset network settings several times and nothing seems to work.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Similar issue here. Upgraded from 3GS to iPhone 5 earlier this week. Got a voicemail from my mom today & it prompted me for a password. Unfortunately I entered the phone password instead of the vm password on autopilot & then it would not let me reenter the correct one.

I was able to hear the message by calling up & my greeting & password were unchanged but no visual voicemail.

Called 611, reset my password, had a friend leave a new message, didn't show up. Tried to set up voicemail, would not save. Called up again & mg greeting was still there & the message was there. Saved the message & then no longer had the ability to set up voicemail. Called 611 again, they offered to reset my password. I said that didn't work, do you have something better, she said no.

So I looked up the nearest AT&T store. On my way she called me back & said the visual voicemail server is down in my area. Yet, my friend 10 mins from me has his working. Went into the store they called my phone left a message & reset my password. I was once again unable to set up voicemail. 2 other folks in that store & apple employee in apple store across the way unable to reach their visual voicemail. The store says the server must be down.

I don't get it though! Why does my friend 10 minutes from me have no issue? Grrrrrrr. This had better resolve soon.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Yet another user here that can't get visual voicemail to work. Got my iPhone 5 this afternoon. Checked voicemail on my old iPhone 4 this morning no problem. Upgraded to iPhone 5, then problem. Voicemail is set up and is working properly. 

Spent an hour on the line with two different ATT reps, couldn't fix it. Went through resetting vmail passwords, calling voicemail, resetting passwords and like everyone else in here getting the "Voicemail Unavailable" error. Rep said to restore phone as new, just did that. Still not working. Frustrating to say the least.  Apple says call AT&T 😞 

Explorer

• 

13 Messages

12 years ago

Another iPhone 5 upgraded with no Visual Voicemail here. No notifications. When I go to select a greeting and save it, I get "Voicemail Unavailable - Unable to connect. Try again later"

Would love someone at AT&T to do some checking on this. There's a  thread building over at Macrumors on this issue too.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Same issue as those above. No way server is down. My wife on 4s is working fine. Problem started with upgrade

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Same issue here. Upgraded from iPhone 3GS to 5 today ... And Visual Voicemail is now unavailable ... Unable to connect. Hangs when trying to save greeting choice. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Same problem here. All the excitement to get new phone is gone. Wish to have my iPhone 4 back !

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

12 years ago

Count me in as we'll, iPhone 5 is working great except for visual voicemail, I upgraded from a 3GS and when I try to save a recorded greeting in visual voicemail I get the "unable to connect to voicemail pop up" I called AT&T and spoke to their tech support we went thru the standard steps- reboot the iPhone, reset network settings, still not working, AT&t says its due to iOS 6 and that there is a trouble ticket open for this issue. im located in the Bronx, NY. I hope we all get up and running soon. 

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

12 years ago

Not sure it's related to iOS6 as otherwise everyone would have the problem. It works fine on my iPhone 5. First time I access the visual voicemail, it called the voicemail number and I had to reenter my password, but after that, visual voicemail popped back up, including the old voicemails that I had saved.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Mine is now working. Everyone try again this morning!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.