Need your talk or text logs?
RADC's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 12:33 AM

Visual Voice Mail Provisioning

My husband and I both just upgraded to iPhone 5. Visual voice mail was working on both phones before the upgrade. However, we are not able to set up visual voicemail on the new phones. We just get a message saying, "Voicemail Unavailable. Unable to connect. Try again later." When you call our phone you hear our old message, but we get no notification that a voicemail was left. Help, please!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

If you upgraded at a store like Walmart then they probably selected the stupid option of "data unlimited...without visual voicemail". See http://queenofthenerds.net/fix-visual-voicemail-broken-after-iphone-5-upgrade/comment-page-1/#comment-670 where she points out that you can go into your AT&T account and select the option of “Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE” instead of “Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE without visual voicemail”  I just did it - it's easy to do and thenere's no charge of any kind to switch.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

Try manually calling your voicemail on your iPhone (Dialing your own number) and see if it is set up. Sometimes when you activate a new phone, you have to set it up again

ACE - Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

Did you try the voicemail more than once? When I got my new phone, it dialed the viocemail phone number the first time. Then I had to re-enter my VM password. After closing VM, visual voicemail was back the next time I tried.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I have tried on the phone many times today with no luck. I can dial my own number and hear my messages. It is set up. I just cannot see them or listen to them on the phone.

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

11 years ago

I didn't get the pop-up asking for my voicemail pin until after I rebooted the phone and it reconnected to the network.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Now, it *appears* to be working -- but not really. When I restart my phone all my voicemails pop up as unheard. I can listen to them and all seems well. However, I'm not getting any new ones unless I restart my phone again. I don't even know I have new voicemails until I restart the phone. Then, all the old, deleted ones and any new ones are all back again. Help!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

My visual voicemail on my iPhone 5 isn't working as well. I don't ever get it to connect. Always get the message. Unable to connect. Please try again later. Nobody seems to know a answer. the phone works perfectly besides this.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

During voicemail setup on the iphone5, I'm getting about a minute spinning at "Saving Password ...", then "Voicemail Unavailable"

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Having the same problem - spent an hour with ATT chat tech support - no resolution.  Performed soft reset, reset network settings several times; checked greeting and changed password (phone never prompted for new one), tech removed vm from my account and re-added it - nothing fixed it.......

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Same problem here.  iphone3Gs to iphone5 upgrade.  FIrst it told me visual voice mail was not available, but there was a button to call.  I heard a message, but was was never notified of having one.

Then I turned off phone and restarted.  Now visual voicemail screen is there, but it appears to hang while saving either default or custom greeting.  Called from landline and mobile and left message and was never notified and cannot get the voicemail.

Same error as others report, unavailable, try again later.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.