For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Dar2003's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, October 25th, 2015 3:53 PM

Very upset with A&TT

I've had an iPhone for 6 years now and I've had unlimited data. No all of a sudden y'all claim that we changed our plan when NO ONE did such a thing except for y'all. Now me and my family now have to share 20 gigs. I want my unlimited back! Y'all just can't take it away claiming we changed it. When asked who changed it y'all can't tell us. Your excuse is someone went into the account and was looking and changed it. Sounds like an inside job to me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

people do got to realize that people get hacked into their accounts i would check with this with an attorney

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

@leahra this is a matter for fraud, or family.  All customers are obligated to arbitrate disputes - read your customer agreement before you spout incorrect information to other users please.

@Dar2003

Call and ask for the fraud department.  Be aware the change may have been made in error by someone on your plan.  The computer is not designed to allow you to keep your old plan.  It is set up for the currently offered plans only.  If someone upgraded online, or in a retail store, the grandfathered plan would be lost.  

You have only 90 days to get the plan back or the computers will not allow it to be restored.

If this was fraud by an outsider, (which I don't believe is the case) they access the account to buy a new phone on your account, sticking you with the bill.  Since you didn't mention a new phone or new line, that isn't what happened.

Dont be too hard on the family member who made the change, I'm sure it was accidental. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

We did dispute it and this is what they told us that someone went in and changed it but they don't know who. They said it was possibility on their end but they still won't change our plan back. I'm not giving incorrect information when that came straight from AT&T.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

@Dar2003

They can tell you when the change was made.   If it was less tha 90 days ago, ask for the plan back.

If more than it can't be restored no matter what they do.

Once you know when the change happened, look at who accessed the account to get a new phone.  It should be pretty obvious if  Jack or Jill got a new phone out of no where in May, and that is when the plan changed.

Just so you know:  if anyone was tethering or any other prohibited activity, in any way, ATT had every right to terminate your service or your unlimited plan.

The list of prohibited activities is long.  Watching bootlegged content among them.

You suspected an inside job.  I agree.  Either a mistake by family, or a breach of rules which caused ATT to take your data.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

They couldn't tell us anything except they said on August 29th someone got online and changed our plan. They said it was online but they didn't know from where. Me and my dad are the only authorized users and we've never even set up an account online my parents still mail in the bill. Unless Netflix Hulu or YouTube are now bootleg material I highly doubt anyone has watched bootleg videos on our phones.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

Any new phones at that time?  

BTW, that is within 90 days.

call ATT and ask for the plan back.  Or send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

Send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare. Since the change occurred less than 60 days ago, your unlimited plan can be restored. But you need to get on this right now.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I got a replacement phone back in August. But it's not the first time I had to get a replacement phone
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.