For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
LaurenOtts's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 23rd, 2016 2:08 AM

Using my phone as a Mobile Hotspot

I just activated my Verizon HTC One M8 phone with the $60 AT&T Go service. Everything works fine; phone calls, texts, internet. The only thing that doesn't work is the data sharing. Rather than showing the usual "Subscribe to this service with Verizon, blah, blah, blah.." message, now I get a "Warning: Error has occurred. Please try again later." Is there anything I need to do to get this working?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@LaurenOtts wrote:
I just activated my Verizon HTC One M8 phone with the $60 AT&T Go service. Everything works fine; phone calls, texts, internet. The only thing that doesn't work is the data sharing. Rather than showing the usual "Subscribe to this service with Verizon, blah, blah, blah.." message, now I get a "Warning: Error has occurred. Please try again later." Is there anything I need to do to get this working?

I'm pretty sure there is nothing you can do since you have a phone originally made for Verizon. The software on the phone won't let you activate hotspot on any network other than Verizon. You will need an ATT branded phone in order to use hotspot on ATT's network. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.