Need your talk or text logs?
CUTigerChad's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, June 27th, 2019 2:55 PM

Using my Hotspot with International Day Pass

Hello,

I would like to use my hotspot with the "International Day Pass" to give my wife and kids access to my unlimited plan while we are traveling abroad. My understanding is that this is possible. If so, I have a few questions that I hope someone might be able to help with:

1) What settings will I need to use on their devices (two iPhones and an iPad) to ensure I don't get charged for their data use? I assume that "Cellular Data" will need to be turned off, but is there anything else I should make sure is checked?

2) Will they still be able to make calls, via my hotspot, through FaceTime and not incur additional charges? I am assuming they can, but I wanted to confirm.

3) Will they still be able to send and receive texts, via my hotspot, and not incur additional charges? I am assuming they can, but I wanted to confirm.

4) Will they still be able to send and receive calls (using their regular phone numbers for the two iPhones), via my hotspot, and not incur additional charges?

I am assuming this is not possible, as it would seemingly require "Cellular Data" to be activated, but I wanted to confirm.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

1) What settings will I need to use on their devices (two iPhones and an iPad) to ensure I don't get charged for their data use? I assume that "Cellular Data" will need to be turned off, but is there anything else I should make sure is checked?

To ensure no roaming charges, they should turn airplane mode on and then turn WiFi on.

2) Will they still be able to make calls, via my hotspot, through FaceTime and not incur additional charges? I am assuming they can, but I wanted to confirm.

Yes. If their phones have WiFi calling activated, that should work too. I intended to verify that on a recent Europe trip but never did.

3) Will they still be able to send and receive texts, via my hotspot, and not incur additional charges? I am assuming they can, but I wanted to confirm.

Imessages, yes. Texts, yes, if WiFi calling works.

4) Will they still be able to send and receive calls (using their regular phone numbers for the two iPhones), via my hotspot, and not incur additional charges?

I am assuming this is not possible, as it would seemingly require "Cellular Data" to be activated, but I wanted to confirm.

Yes but again, only if WiFi calling is active and working.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.