For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
diva1920's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, November 14th, 2016 6:32 PM

Using Wifi with GoPhone in Europe

Does anyone know for sure that wifi on GoPhone works while travelling abroad from a wifi hotspot (specifically while in Europe). Common sense would tell me that it does although when I inquired about using goPhone to call from Europe I was told it's a no go. I forgot to ask about the wifi on the same call and I don't think I can stand to hang on the phone again to ask this question. Maybe I'll get a quicker response here. Incidentally, the agent I spoke with re: making calls from Europe at first gave me incorrect info and told me all I had to do was purchase a Passport package for use in Europe. Not until I pressed her two or three times did she admit that there are no calling packages for GoPhone from Europe (and she was supposedly in the GoPhone Dept.!!). Not sure if it was the language barrier or what but more times than not when calling AT&T or visiting their stores, they generally don't know what they talking about...very frustrating!! AT&T needs to either train their people better or hire more competent people. Anyway does anyone know for sure (from personal experience) that phones on the GoPhone plan will definitely be able to connect to Wifi in Europe? Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Your phone can connect to available public wifi or hotel wifi, just like in the USA. ATT has no control over those wifi connections.  You will not be able to connect to ATT wifi.  You will be limited to wifi messaging or calling apps.

some countries have wifi every where for public use.  Like major Japanese cities.  Some have none at all.   

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

The ability to connect to wifi has nothing to do with your plan. You will still be able to connect to wifi. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you so much for the quick reply!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.