Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 18, 2014
5:47:23 PM
View profile
Unwanted text
Edited by Phil-101 on Jul 18, 2014 at 5:59:21 PM

I received a text from d****@msn.com.  My number is known to only a few people.  How can I find out how this sender obtained my number?

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

I received a text from d****@msn.com.  My number is known to only a few people.  How can I find out how this sender obtained my number?

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 18, 2016 7:56:14 AM
(0)
Community Support
Edited by ATTJulieCS on Jan 18, 2016 at 9:20:49 AM

Do not respond directly to a spam message. If you think you received a spam message, please forward the message, on your wireless phone, to mobilityabuse@att.com so we can start an investigation. You can also learn more about how to report unsolicited and unwanted messages and ads at Report spam text messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Unwanted text

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 18, 2014 5:58:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
@JJSG14 - Sorry to hear you got an unwanted text!! I just got a similar sender yesterday myself so this is definitely a spam message. You can send it off for investigation by forwarding the message to 7726 (SPAM) as a text message. You will then receive a free message asking you to provide the sender's number. You would provide the email as that is the sender. You will then receive a second text message thanking you for providing the info. Smiley Happy Hope that helps!
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
@JJSG14 - Sorry to hear you got an unwanted text!! I just got a similar sender yesterday myself so this is definitely a spam message. You can send it off for investigation by forwarding the message to 7726 (SPAM) as a text message. You will then receive a free message asking you to provide the sender's number. You would provide the email as that is the sender. You will then receive a second text message thanking you for providing the info. Smiley Happy Hope that helps!
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

@JJSG14 - Sorry to hear you got an unwanted text!! I just...

2 of 4 (1,025 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2014 1:50:00 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thank you!
Thank you!

Re: @JJSG14 - Sorry to hear you got an unwanted text!! I just...

3 of 4 (985 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 18, 2016 7:56:14 AM
(0)
Community Support
Edited by ATTJulieCS on Jan 18, 2016 at 9:20:49 AM

Do not respond directly to a spam message. If you think you received a spam message, please forward the message, on your wireless phone, to mobilityabuse@att.com so we can start an investigation. You can also learn more about how to report unsolicited and unwanted messages and ads at Report spam text messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Unwanted text

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (477 Views)
Solution