Unwanted text

Contributor

Unwanted text

[ Edited ]

I received a text from d****@msn.com.  My number is known to only a few people.  How can I find out how this sender obtained my number?

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 1 of 4 (1,095 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author JJSG14
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

@JJSG14 - Sorry to hear you got an unwanted text!! I just...

@JJSG14 - Sorry to hear you got an unwanted text!! I just got a similar sender yesterday myself so this is definitely a spam message. You can send it off for investigation by forwarding the message to 7726 (SPAM) as a text message. You will then receive a free message asking you to provide the sender's number. You would provide the email as that is the sender. You will then receive a second text message thanking you for providing the info. Smiley Happy Hope that helps!
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (1,089 Views)
Contributor

Re: @JJSG14 - Sorry to hear you got an unwanted text!! I just...

Thank you!
Message 3 of 4 (1,049 Views)
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by ATTJulieCS (Community Support)
‎01-18-2016 7:57 AM

Re: Unwanted text

[ Edited ]

Do not respond directly to a spam message. If you think you received a spam message, please forward the message, on your wireless phone, to mobilityabuse@att.com so we can start an investigation. You can also learn more about how to report unsolicited and unwanted messages and ads at Report spam text messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (541 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.