Helpful Links

Unwanted text

Highlighted
Contributor

Unwanted text

I received a text from d****@msn.com.  My number is known to only a few people.  How can I find out how this sender obtained my number?

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Professor

@JJSG14 - Sorry to hear you got an unwanted text!! I just...

@JJSG14 - Sorry to hear you got an unwanted text!! I just got a similar sender yesterday myself so this is definitely a spam message. You can send it off for investigation by forwarding the message to 7726 (SPAM) as a text message. You will then receive a free message asking you to provide the sender's number. You would provide the email as that is the sender. You will then receive a second text message thanking you for providing the info. Smiley Happy Hope that helps!
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Re: @JJSG14 - Sorry to hear you got an unwanted text!! I just...

Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
Community Support

Re: Unwanted text

Do not respond directly to a spam message. If you think you received a spam message, please forward the message, on your wireless phone, to mobilityabuse@att.com so we can start an investigation. You can also learn more about how to report unsolicited and unwanted messages and ads at Report spam text messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support