For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
juztplayin12's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, July 25th, 2016 8:53 PM

Unlocked phone only using band 2

Hello, my new unlocked S7 edge is only using band 2 and will not connect to band 17 or band 4.  My speeds are horrible and the phone is said to come with both of those bands.  So why am i not able to connect to them? Will this affect video chat or anything else only being on band 2(H+)?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Did it come from Verizon, or if not, where did you get it?

The Verizon phones (most anyway, I think iOS models are an exception) don't have most of the radios implemented, for non-Verizon use.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

If you purchased a non ATT phone it needs APN setting programmed.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

No this did not come from Verizon, out of the US.  It says its compatiable with all of the ATT bands 2,4,5,and 17. But my speeds are junk, under 1mbps.

How do I go about getting the APN setting programed?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Nevermind, i did call into ATT today and they did add a new APN Nxtgenphone.  That did give me a 4G signal, but not the speeds it should be at.  As i described, only 1mbps down.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I dont see why i would need a new sim card since it came out of my old Nexus 6 device on ATT?

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

Is this a new SIM or used in a previous device? May not be provisioned properly.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.