Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Unlimited data

Contributor

Unlimited data

Will you ever offer unlimited data without having to sign up for Direct TV?
Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Unlimited data

No one knows until it is announced. If they do, it will probably be pretty pricy.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
ACE - Guru

@Dleite It would be nice but I'm guessing not as profitable. At least with the bundled services AT&T is able to keep control of the post-paid churn 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert

"We".  Are fellow customers.  Will ATT?  Dunno.  They used it to increase TV sign ups.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

So what makes it so easy for others to just offer unlimited data w/o having to sign up for cable service?
Message 5 of 7
ACE - Master

Dleite wrote:
So what makes it so easy for others to just offer unlimited data w/o having to sign up for cable service?

For one, most of the other mobile carriers do not also offer TV services in the US, so they would need to partner with a TV provider.  For AT&T, bundling TV and cellular unlimited data give customers an incentive to subscribe to the TV service that they might have taken to a competitor.

If you also look, most of the other carriers offering unlimited data plans are also smaller carriers than AT&T so they have to operate on a tighter margin to try to get more customers away from AT&T.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Guru

Funny how Verizon enters the unlimited arena and this discussion changed nearly overnight...

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/unlimited-plan.html

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support