Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Unlimited data video quality vs new Unlimited Plus Plan

Teacher

Unlimited data video quality vs new Unlimited Plus Plan

Does anyone know the video quality of the older unlimited data plan? I can't find it anywhere.

The Unlimited Plus is listed at 480 but I don't know if that is better or worse than what I have now.

I might be able to save a few bucks with the newer plan but want to compare it with what I have now.

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Unlimited data video quality vs new Unlimited Plus Plan

There are several older unlimited plans. What is the name of yours?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Teacher

It is just called "Unlimited". $60/line, $40/phone.

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by RMD03819
‎11-22-2018 5:36 PM

That sounds like the first unlimited plan they brought back that originally required TV service. I don’t recall it having any limitation on video quality. You can turn on streamsaver which limits video to 480p but that is optional. You should be able to stream HD video on your current plan. FYI, unlimited plus is no longer available. The current plans are called Unlimited & More and Unlimited & More Premium. Only the lower plan limits video resolution.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Teacher

Thanks. Yes this was the plan that requires TV (I have DirecTV).

I got the terminology confused. Thanks for the correction.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support