Need your talk or text logs?
johnshannon123's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2018 4:01 AM

Unlimited data and hotspot!!!

Why do you try to sell an "unlimited" data plan which (1) gives you a 22 gig cap and (2) won't allow you to use it as your hot spot? If you sell me a unlimited supply of eggs but only put 22 in the box that's not unlimited. Then tell me I can't scramble them I can only fry them. Not very accurate and almost false advertising sounds like to me. I know it's not only your company but that doesn't make it right.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@johnshannon123 wrote:

Why do you try to sell an "unlimited" data plan which (1) gives you a 22 gig cap and (2) won't allow you to use it as your hot spot? 

Incorrect. It's not capped at 22, it's deprioritized (if it was capped, it'd be a 22GB plan). Depending on where you are using a tower, if it's overloaded you might be served last (so it'll seem slower); I pretty much can't tell the difference unless I'm running speed tests. So it's unlimited data for your phone.

People on the lower priced unlimited are deprioritized ALL the time and most seem pretty happy about it.

I'm not sure what unlimited plan you have but the three released in the last 18 months all support hotspot on compatible phones. If you're on an older plan, it's unlimited for your phone, not your other devices.

If you sell me a unlimited supply of eggs but only put 22 in the box that's not unlimited.

If someone sells you an unlimited supply of eggs, you should probably read the offer. It's probably eggs for your mouth only, not to be shared with other.

Limits have to be in place, or someone would get a phone with a hotspot and try and power their whole school off of it and say "why not? it's unlimited???"

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

If you have the unlimited plan that does not include hotspot, it is subject to reprioritization at any time, there is no 22GB threshold. By the way, every carrier has some point on their unlimited plans where they do the same thing. As noted above, it is not a cap. Many customers report going well beyond the 22GB with no slowdown.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

Yeah, yeah.  Go forth and find a plan that is truly “unlimited “ and report back.   It may take you a few years.  Maybe when 5G goes up.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

My hotspot is slowed and I'm in a very rural area. Had the plan for a year not slowing, but now 10 GB hits I might as well through the phone out the window till next month. Not happy at all. No other internet available except satellite and no good reviews on any of them.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@temac58

You should have added a line and purchased a dedicated hotspot when Unlimited Plus came out.  The plan always listed the hotspot on the phone as limited to 10 gigs.  

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

AT&Trash gives me "unlimited" but won't let me purchase temporary Hotspot gigs!? Despite what some people may think, not all unlimited lines come with hotspot and $20 extra a month for gigs I may or may not use is complete cuckholdery.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Ih8tATaT wrote:

AT&Trash gives me "unlimited" but won't let me purchase temporary Hotspot gigs!? Despite what some people may think, not all unlimited lines come with hotspot and $20 extra a month for gigs I may or may not use is complete cuckholdery.

No one who reads thinks that, since the plans say if they include hotspot if they do.  

If one is literate enough to pull ‘cuckhold’ out of the hat, they should find the plan information on ATT.com a snap.  (Although not sure it’s used correctly here)

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

Since leaving my last comment I was able to, through much pain and agony, switch to the cheaper plan that allows "hot spot" only to find it moves slower than a nice guy stuck in the friend zone. I would never pay for this garbage, again, and this is more than likely my last month with AT&T as my wireless provider only because they aren't going to give me a refund. Thanks for nothing

[Inappropriate content removed]

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Ih8tATaT   

It takes no time or agony to login to the paygonline account, select another plan and pay for it.  When switching plans the service begins as soon as you pay for the new plan.  

Switching to a metered plan would give you full speed data for all data.    

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

Number one, are you sure you're not paid? Number two, speak for yourself. Switching from one plan to another made the existing plan I had only used for half the time terminate. This "painless" occurrence took with it the rest of my money instead of  crediting my account because AT&T is run by criminals. After seeing the tomfoolery afoot, I did the one thing no selfrespecting man should have to do, call "customer service." After telling one of their underpaid workers in India that I wanted the money owed to me for services not rendered, she finally credited my account for the unused days. Painless you say? Sure, maybe, but you haven't heard the half of it. Once getting back to the "pay to play" site I added enough money to make it $40 which is what the 8gb plan is with auto pay... Or so it would seem. To my dismay, I found out after calling back for a second time to speak to another underpaid, know-nothing employee that did no one thing, and that was that I couldn't get the auto pay deal more than once in a payment cycle... Little did she know this wasn't my first rodeo and I told her I didn't want the deal or their services anymore and to give me a refund. Of course she transferred me to some other low life who is probably doing much better than most of the Indians she knows who told me I could only get refunded the money I added  and not the larger portion per some small print stating prepayments are non-refundable before quickly transferring me to some other "customer service representative" ( the way they treat ppl you would think we are working for them.) Who told me the same thing the other lady told me and said there was nothing that could be done. 

[Inappropriate content removed]

[Please keep it courteous]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.