Need your talk or text logs?
johnshannon123's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2018 4:01 AM

Unlimited data and hotspot!!!

Why do you try to sell an "unlimited" data plan which (1) gives you a 22 gig cap and (2) won't allow you to use it as your hot spot? If you sell me a unlimited supply of eggs but only put 22 in the box that's not unlimited. Then tell me I can't scramble them I can only fry them. Not very accurate and almost false advertising sounds like to me. I know it's not only your company but that doesn't make it right.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Att prepaid is run like all other prepaid.    At&t doesn’t refund prepaid. 

Speaking for the prepaid TOS:  If you change plans, the old one ends and new one begins immediately and payment is required to start the new plan.  

Its in section 4    https://www.att.com/legal/terms.prepaidPlanTerms.html

Same with Verizon, where I have a prepaid number and can “speak for myself”, which only warns customers, “we suggest you make the change close to your renewal date.” 

If you read the way stuff works, you don’t wind up in a “rodeo” and cursing and claiming others don’t know stuff that they clearly do.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Ih8tATaT wrote:

Switching from one plan to another made the existing plan I had only used for half the time terminate.

Yes, that's how it works. Because you got rid of the prepaid plan and then prepaid for a new one.

This "painless" occurrence took with it the rest of my money instead of  crediting my account because AT&T is run by criminals.

Wow, that's pretty inflammatory for someone who has many complaints that seem to be resulting from not paying attention. Checking out how it works could have saved you a lot of drama "much pain and agony".

Pretty sure all prepaid (at least from the major carriers) works this way. It's pretty much the bottom rung service that any of them run.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Ih8tATaT wrote:

Wow, look at the prepaid minions just crawling out the woodwork. Way to defend a shiesty company with shiesty business practices, and I did read, genius, it said I would lose my plan not my money.

Yes, it said you would lose the plan that you had PREpaid. Your money was already spent. (i.e. if you lost a bottle of Coca-Cola, the money spent doesn't come back). 

Kind of like hiring ppl to downplay their actions. Way to defend...

As far as I know, no one in this thread has been hired by AT&T. (Employees are stated as employees, and I think that means they are here in their off time and I believe official responders names all start with ATT)

If you think stating the facts as to how these plans work count as defending the company, then it seems pretty clear you that reading the plans and details are a good idea.

More realistically, if you're reading something into your response, it might be based on the tone of your messages and your screen name.

Furthermore, once I figured out what happened, I asked them to reinstate the previos plan I had as to not lose my money, to which they responded with something along the lines of bla bla bla we can't because bla bla bla something about Skynet bla bla bla.

I guess I needed to be more clear, when reading (and listening) you need to be using your comprehension skills too...

That said, I agree, the message should be more clear. After the first few complaints about this, the message could have been made more clear on the website (maybe the lawyers gave them the money). The amount of ill-will it generates has to be more than any meager profits from the people switching plans 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Gary L  We are feeding this one on more than one thread.  He has information.  He doesn’t get how stuff works by choice. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I'm havin the same problem and I just bought a brand new AT&T phone and the same 65.00 unlimited plan that my boyfriend has. Only difference is he has a hot spot and I don't. I'm extremely upset about it and am regretting the fact that I switched to them.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.