For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Ssurman's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, September 13th, 2013 5:38 PM

Closed

Unlimited data ???? Not getting what I pay for

I have unlimited data and AT&T decided to slow me down because they don't want to build more towers . Really? Don't offer what you can't provide! My iPhone is useless they are allowing only 3GB a months then basically my phone stops working. I am not sure this will even post 😞 this is how they treat loyal customers grrr this should be illegal

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

It appears that att could be more up front about what's being offered, whether its plans, data usage, bandwidth or whatever.  Sure, you can read all the fine print to find out all the gory details but most customers won't do that and they count on the sales folks for that.  Good luck.

Personally, I have more respect for someone who would rob me and take my wallet face to face.

tm

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Your service is crap! My contract is of UNLIMITED data usage! Not unlimited until AT&T decides I have used too much! I have been a customer for 12+ years, including years where I lived abroad and continued my contract. I have also been a stock owner for 25+ years, both end on Monday. Can only hope the rest of your "customers" will wake up and ca cel their service. You deserve bankruptcy!

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@Cbdunstan wrote:
Your service is crap! My contract is of UNLIMITED data usage! Not unlimited until AT&T decides I have used too much! I have been a customer for 12+ years, including years where I lived abroad and continued my contract. I have also been a stock owner for 25+ years, both end on Monday. Can only hope the rest of your "customers" will wake up and ca cel their service. You deserve bankruptcy!

From your post, I assume that you have the grandfathered smartphone unlimited data plan for your account.  If that is the case, you are getting what you pay for.  You are getting as much data as you can use in the month.  Since there is no guarantee on the speed of your data usage, the fact that after you exceed 3GB for 3G data or 5GB for LTE data, you are throttled to a lower speed so that you are not placing an uneven burden on the network.  Even though you are throttled, they are not limiting your data quantity, but they are slowing the pipe down.  They still let you use data, unlike some providers if you go over the threshhold, just not as fast.  There are some providers that litterally cut you off if you hit the limit.

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

Unlimited data is not a bad value for the money,

There's been some variation of this

. . . AT&T unlimited plan data service customer, you agree that “unlimited” means you pay a fixed monthly charge for wireless data service regardless of how much data you use. You further agree that “unlimited” does not mean that you can use AT&T’s wireless data service in any way that you choose or for any prohibited activities, and that if you use your unlimited data plan in any manner that is prohibited, AT&T can limit, restrict, suspend or terminate your data service or switch you to a tiered data plan.

In a different section:

The following specific uses of AT&T's wireless data service are prohibited:

AT&T’s wireless data services may not be used in any manner that has the effect of excessively contributing to network congestion, hindering other customers’ access to the network, or degrading network performance by maintaining a sustained and continuous wireless data service connection or active wireless Internet connection.

AT&T's done plenty to cover themselves, with their past agreements/terms of use.

-Alex

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This reply is a bunch of crap. I'm sorry but ATT has the worst customer service in all cell phone companies in the US. You know why? because they dont give a crap about there customers and only want the fat check for the CEO mr 1% money bags.

I'm sorry but using your service while PAYING more money for unlimited DATA thatn all share 10GB sounds like ATT is all about taking the money to the bank and laughing along the way, because unlimited data people are SUCKERS! lol.... Where is this customer service? What a joke. So mr ATT employee your answer is pretty vague in covering ATT's butt about how bad they are with customers, why dont you explain how they tell customers not to switch from unlimted to join a all share plan??? huh or what about how they dont tell you they could care less how long youve been with ATT. 

Why is it that you can pay 100 a month + phones for a 10gb plan and its 145ish a month for 2 phones but then 2 phones on unlimited is around 165ish. WHY is it nessary to throttle under 10GB???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I seriously do not understand ATT's resoning behind this at all. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@nidnarb wrote:

This reply is a bunch of crap. I'm sorry but ATT has the worst customer service in all cell phone companies in the US. You know why? because they dont give a crap about there customers and only want the fat check for the CEO mr 1% money bags.

I'm sorry but using your service while PAYING more money for unlimited DATA thatn all share 10GB sounds like ATT is all about taking the money to the bank and laughing along the way, because unlimited data people are SUCKERS! lol.... Where is this customer service? What a joke. So mr ATT employee your answer is pretty vague in covering ATT's butt about how bad they are with customers, why dont you explain how they tell customers not to switch from unlimted to join a all share plan??? huh or what about how they dont tell you they could care less how long youve been with ATT. 

Why is it that you can pay 100 a month + phones for a 10gb plan and its 145ish a month for 2 phones but then 2 phones on unlimited is around 165ish. WHY is it nessary to throttle under 10GB???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I seriously do not understand ATT's resoning behind this at all. 

then you are not going to understnd sprints also - by throttling the top 5 percent of unlimited data users for all their brands - Sprint - post and prepaid, Boost, Virgin. The top 5 percent will be determined by sprint, at least att has a hard cap.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Sprint-Starts-Throttling-Top-5-of-Users-in-Congested-Markets-128878

Unlimited data was not a problem back when primarily businesses used smartphone, now almos everyone has one

http://www.statista.com/statistics/201182/forecast-of-smartphone-users-in-the-us/

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

yesir and they still robbing us today unlimited date has become limited and auto pay dont work no more they did on purpose and they play dumb like nobody knows the issue

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.