Need your talk or text logs?
Ssurman's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, September 13th, 2013 5:38 PM

Closed

Unlimited data ???? Not getting what I pay for

I have unlimited data and AT&T decided to slow me down because they don't want to build more towers . Really? Don't offer what you can't provide! My iPhone is useless they are allowing only 3GB a months then basically my phone stops working. I am not sure this will even post 😞 this is how they treat loyal customers grrr this should be illegal

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Ssurman wrote:
I have unlimited data and AT&T decided to slow me down because they don't want to build more towers . Really? Don't offer what you can't provide! My iPhone is useless they are allowing only 3GB a months then basically my phone stops working. I am not sure this will even post 😞 this is how they treat loyal customers grrr this should be illegal

no. your phone does not stop working, it continues to make and recieve calls, send and recieve text messages and stream what ever you want it to, it just does not do it at the speed you feel you deserve to have. The "loya; customer" gambit has no affect, it is basicly a breakdown of you policing your use and stay on the discontinued unlimited plan letting the carrier control overages, or switching to a plan that u=is not throttled and police your use with your pocket book.

Sorry not illegal, read your terms of service and fair use policy, you agreed to it and both are legally binding

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

You must work for AT&T . They told me it was because they were using other carriers towers besides they offer 20 gB data plans why don't they slow me down after that . And I have read my policy. Come on man what they are doing to me is not right so don't justify it with excuses. I have been with them a long long time .

Sent from my iPhone

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Ssurman wrote:
You must work for AT&T . They told me it was because they were using other carriers towers besides they offer 20 gB data plans why don't they slow me down after that . And I have read my policy. Come on man what they are doing to me is not right so don't justify it with excuses. I have been with them a long long time .

Sent from my iPhone

Nope, never have. I run my own company and have done so for decades. Yes they do offer 20GB plans (200.00 a month plus 20.00 per device, all overages charged per gig, they even have 50 GB plans for 500.00 a month), the built in self control of any overages come out of your pocket book, people tend to self regulate their usage when it hits them where it hurts. As for being with them for a "long time" doens't really matter in the scope of a business agreement, been with them in one way shape or form since before the court ordered breakup of mommy bell. I don;t expect anything more then what is documented in the agreements I have with them.

Bottom line, self control or the carrier will control usage. that is not justifying it with excuses, it is the plain and simple truth

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Happy Friday ! Your right and the entire world is wrong.... And that's what makes the world go round and round at the peanut factory lol . Thank you so much for supporting corporate America .... I don't really need my phone anyways

Sent from my iPhone

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Ssurman wrote:
Happy Friday ! Your right and the entire world is wrong.... And that's what makes the world go round and round at the peanut factory lol . Thank you so much for supporting corporate America .... I don't really need my phone anyways

Sent from my iPhone

not quite sure what universe that comment came from. Yes, yes I do support corporate america because I am part of it. If you don;t make phone calls on it then you really don;t need one.

Want to not be throttled then go to a tiered plan, you will never be throttled but you will be charged for overages. Your choice. You could switch to t-mobile's "unlimited" or maybe sprints

Scholar

• 

112 Messages

11 years ago

I can understand your concern. I'm not gonna tell you "haha, you signed a contract, go somewhere else". No.

What has happened is that, ironically enough, the launch of the iPhone bogged down AT&T's network way more than they thought it would. AT&T risked losing a lot of customers, so they had to respond by making some drastic changes. They did limits so people aren't using them as a full-on internet provider. It's akin to being in a desert and giving everyone limits on how much water you can get a day. You technically stilll get 'unilimited' data just not 'full speed' unlimited data.

Now if you want, there are other providers that let you have unlimited data like Sprint and T-Mobile. But then again ,they ARE the bottom of the totem pole and do have worse network coverage. Why why they are unlimited. Again, they are in the desert...and saying that you can have all of the water you want. But there's only like 4 faucets and the water comes out really low. In drips many times.

Building more cell towers isn't that easy nor cheap, from a business standpoint. ATT has done a FANTASTIC job of building their 4G LTE netwrok (and HSPA+) to literally rival Verizon. Most cell towers cost between $75,000 and $200,000 depending on where it is located. It's estimated AT&T would need to spend $7billion just to exceed VZWs network.

It all comes down to a trade off. But you are in a free market, and can choose who you want to be with. Make comparisons and find what fits you.Smiley Wink

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

11 years ago

Actually, it used to be that AT&T would throttle the top 5% of its users, they systematically changed it to throttle anyone who is on an unlimited 3G plan at 3GB, and LTE is throttled at 5GB. As an unlimited data user myself, I don't recall ever agreeing to any of this stuff, it was all sort of swept up under the rug, so to speak. AT&T is always trying to find new ways to push people out of their grandfather unlimited data plan, either by disabling some features such as mobile hot spot or by throttling you now at certain speeds.

I think it's cute that my iPhone 4s says "4g" on it, when technically we all know that isn't true. Otherwise, AT&T would throttle you at 5GB and not 3GB, but now they're very specific that 4G = LTE.

Watch out for AT&T's ninja tricks, they're going to push tiered plans on you until you budge. Don't do it!

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Sublogic wrote:

Actually, it used to be that AT&T would throttle the top 5% of its users, they systematically changed it to throttle anyone who is on an unlimited 3G plan at 3GB, and LTE is throttled at 5GB. As an unlimited data user myself, I don't recall ever agreeing to any of this stuff, it was all sort of swept up under the rug, so to speak. AT&T is always trying to find new ways to push people out of their grandfather unlimited data plan, either by disabling some features such as mobile hot spot or by throttling you now at certain speeds.

I think it's cute that my iPhone 4s says "4g" on it, when technically we all know that isn't true. Otherwise, AT&T would throttle you at 5GB and not 3GB, but now they're very specific that 4G = LTE.

Watch out for AT&T's ninja tricks, they're going to push tiered plans on you until you budge. Don't do it!

/yawn, the 4S is NOT LTE capable, period, review their specifications. 4G >< LTE, my 5 states LTE on the display screen. the 4S is 4G HSPDA+ capabable, not 4G LTE capable, to completely different bands for communications and specifications. 4GLTE for ATT utilizes 700Mhz between 704-746Mhz and $G HSPDA utilizes 800/1900Mhz

iphone4s.PNG

No LTE bands listed as there is on the Iphone 5

iphone 5 spec.PNG

2 Attachments

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I totally agree!

Sent from my iPhone

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

11 years ago

That's kind of my point? My iPhone 4s isn't really 4G capable, but ATT advertises it as so, but they won't honor it as 4G when they're throttling users. Ninja tricks I tell you.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.