Need your talk or text logs?
t18c97's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, April 16th, 2017 1:36 AM

Unlimited Plus plan, DIRECTV and HotSpot usage

I know when using the DIRECTV IOS app to stream programming it is zero rated and doesn't count against the 22GB data usage limit, before you might slow me down. I also understand that I get 10GB of hot spot usage on this plan when using my iPad which is WiFi only connected using my iPhones hot spot support. The question is if I'm using the DIRECTV IOS app on my iPad connected to the internet via the hot spot on my phone does that data usage count as zero rated or does it count against the 10GB hot spot usage cap?

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Must be in the app itself. No hotspot as far as I know.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

When I start the iPad app that's connected via the iPhone hot spot the app shows a pop up that says Welcome to data free TV. So that could mean free like if natively via the iPhone or free until I hit the 10GB hot spot limit.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@t18c97 wrote:

I know when using the DIRECTV IOS app to stream programming it is zero rated and doesn't count against the 22GB data usage limit, before you might slow me down. I also understand that I get 10GB of hot spot usage on this plan when using my iPad which is WiFi only connected using my iPhones hot spot support. The question is if I'm using the DIRECTV IOS app on my iPad connected to the internet via the hot spot on my phone does that data usage count as zero rated or does it count against the 10GB hot spot usage cap?

BOTH! It's zero rated data against the 22GB AND it does count against the 10GB hot spot usage cap. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere official, but of course I can't find it at the moment.

(I'm under the impression the 10GB cap is NOT currently in place, so it's not possible to accurately test at this time).

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

I know for a fact that data usage from the Directv app on a wifi only iPad connected via an iPhone hotspot does not count against the data plan. I use it that way often. I don't have unlimited but since the usage shows up as "sponsored data", I would think it wouldn't count against the hotspot cap either.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

I'm thinking I read it in one of those informative posts that that some of the staff occasionally post to the forum when there are changes.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.