Need your talk or text logs?
Kuzzie1's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, June 5th, 2017 1:16 AM

Unlimited Plus Plan - 22GB of data plus 10GB of hotspot

Does this mean you get 22GB of high-speed data per line AND 10GB of high-speed hotspot for a grand total of 32GB of high-speed internet data PER LINE??  Or does the 10GB of high-speed hotspot count towards your overall total of 22GB of high-speed data??

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Yes, it's per line.  So 4 lines would have a sure 88 gigs at high speed and 40 gigs of tethered high speed.  As each line hits 22 gigs, that line is reprioritized.  Unlike throttling, it only may mean the data speed could be slow if the network is congested.   We have had no one complain of hitting the wall once they reach 22 gigs.   

https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks a lot, that's an awesome deal!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Kuzzie1 I believe the 10GB of hotspot count towards your line total of 22GB.

To be clear, depending on the tower congestion in your area, you might get HUNDREDS of GB at high speed. There are people who never notice having any priority problem after 22GB or it's so minimal to them that it's no big deal to them.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

ATT says something completely different.  Do you know of any webpages that say the same thing?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@camman68 I've seen nothing that says they are separate pools, if they were it seems like they'd advertise the fact since that's a minor extra benefit.  

The 10GB is used by the phone, if the phone uses 22GB it might possibly slow down; I'd say the 10GB is part of the 22GB (I don't think there isn't a 10GB deprioritization bonus for people who tether).

Tethering & Mobile Hotspot: Includes up to 10GB per line per month. After 10GB, tethering speed will be slowed to a max of 128Kbps for the rest of the bill cycle... From https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

According to ATT (I have the chat transcript), streaming 30+ hours of DirecTV using a Roku tethered to an iPhone 5s is less than 1GB of data.  When I questioned this amount, the tech agent told me it was "common sense" that streaming TV or movies used very little data.

My phone shows that I have used 20GB in a week.  The tech agent says less than 1GB is hotspot.  It seems to me that the 20GB must include the streaming ROKU data but the agent says otherwise.  What is your opinion?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@camman68 wrote:

According to ATT (I have the chat transcript), streaming 30+ hours of DirecTV using a Roku tethered to an iPhone 5s is less than 1GB of data.  When I questioned this amount, the tech agent told me it was "common sense" that streaming TV or movies used very little data.

My phone shows that I have used 20GB in a week.  The tech agent says less than 1GB is hotspot.  It seems to me that the 20GB must include the streaming ROKU data but the agent says otherwise.  What is your opinion?

I would say that tech was a right or wrong depending on stream quality....  Netflix will use about 3gb per hour on HD....  but only .03 an hour on low.  so well lets see if you do it on low its about .9 gb if you just use 30 hours.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@camman68 That would be incorrect, video is pretty much the biggest user of data.

DirecTV streamed from your MOBILE DirecTV APP on a MOBILE DEVICE does not count towards your plan data.

A Roku is not guaranteed to have free data (although there is the occasional report).

While your phone has used 20GB (which it did), what really matters is the AT&T site, when I use the app on a mobile device it separates the data off at att.com and might show me 15 GB was sponsored DTV data (which doesn't count against my plan).

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

@camman68 wrote:

I would say that tech was a right or wrong depending on stream quality....  Netflix will use about 3gb per hour on HD....  but only .03 an hour on low.  so well lets see if you do it on low its about .9 gb if you just use 30 hours.

That's 30MB an hour on low, that seems really low...

Can you even choose the data quality on a Roku? (A non-mobile client)

Netflix says "Low (0.3 GB per hour)", that's 3 hours for 1GB. (less than SD quality)

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87

Regardless, I don't think I want to be watching less than SD quality.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Last time I trust a 3rd party site. Yeah if it's .3 and not .03 then yeah it's going to eat data
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.