Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Unlimited Plus Plan - 22GB of data plus 10GB of hotspot

Contributor

Unlimited Plus Plan - 22GB of data plus 10GB of hotspot

Does this mean you get 22GB of high-speed data per line AND 10GB of high-speed hotspot for a grand total of 32GB of high-speed internet data PER LINE??  Or does the 10GB of high-speed hotspot count towards your overall total of 22GB of high-speed data??

Message 1 of 55

It don't work like that n it doesn't use any Hotspot data it uses is it as
if it's if else using it like a cell phone would use its own data plan its
using it like that
Message 46 of 55

HOTSPOT IS NOT ON THE ACCUNT AS A HOTSPOT AND DOSE NOT USE ANY HOTPOT ACCOUNT Data SEE PROOF HERE  Untitled.png

Message 47 of 55
ACE - Expert

@Pitbulldog911wrote:
Did u happen to notice that it's not on a hotspot plan it's using a cell
simIt don't work like that n it doesn't use any Hotspot data it uses is it as
if it's if else using it like a cell phone would use its own data plan its
using it like that

Not that I don't say it and that too much, but deciphering the above isn't easy.

I'm not even sure who you are directing that comment to...?

@If you type @ and their username, we'll know who you are talking to.  

I'm not sure if you are disagreeing with someone else or talking about a comment of yours or...? Maybe you're agreeing with someone?

HOTSPOT IS NOT ON THE ACCUNT AS A HOTSPOT AND DOSE NOT USE ANY HOTPOT ACCOUNT Data SEE PROOF HERE  

The image you posted literally states "Includes mobile hotspot data: 15.02 GB" on your last phone line in the data column.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 48 of 55
Tutor

I hit a wall. At 10 gigs and 22 gig. I also live in a very rural area. For the past year I've been running 150 gigs. No throttle down to 10 hot spot and 22 browsing. No other means of internet available except satellite and reports I get that it's lousy.

Can't wait for the new catv to get spliced in.

Message 49 of 55
Tutor

Why not just have 22 gig and not differentiate hotspot. Data should be data.

Message 50 of 55
ACE - Expert

@temac58 wrote:

Why not just have 22 gig and not differentiate hotspot.

Because that's what you had before unlimited returned, they had 20GB, 30GB, 40GB, etc. plans and you could use as much as that data as you wanted for the hotspot. If you want unlimited, you have the restriction of how much data you get to use over the hotspot.

Data should be data.

It is when you pay for a fixed amount of data, if you want unlimited for your phone it has limits for devices that aren't your phone sharing that data. Otherwise, it's the equivalent of a 900GB  plan and people wouldn't even buy home internet, they'd just hotspot their computers and house home (it's not a hypothetical point that I'm making).

• Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 51 of 55
Highlighted
Tutor

I have the top plan. Unlimited everything.  internet is not available except though my phone or satellite. Still doesn't make sense for 10 gig hotspot and 22 gig data. Data is data should not make any difference if it is hotspot or not.

Message 52 of 55
ACE - Expert

@temac58 wrote:

I have the top plan. Unlimited everything.  internet is not available except though my phone or satellite. Still doesn't make sense for 10 gig hotspot and 22 gig data. 

That's not the name of a plan (current or past).

Data is data should not make any difference if it is hotspot or not.

Yes, it makes a difference on how you should be billed for it. A buffet is $14.95 for all you can eat, but if you want to bring someone else to eat off your plate, you need a different plan order you then need a fixed plan. It's all YOU can eat, there are obviously going to be limits if you want to share.

Message 53 of 55
Tutor

Why is the hotspot and regular data not the treated the same? I used average 100 GB per month for a year. Now I get shut down at 10 GB. When it's cold out TV usage goes up.now I just go to bed. No tv.

Message 54 of 55
ACE - Sage

@temac58 wrote:

Why is the hotspot and regular data not the treated the same? I used average 100 GB per month for a year. Now I get shut down at 10 GB. When it's cold out TV usage goes up.now I just go to bed. No tv.

So, when using the hotspot you use massive amounts MORE data right?  

How is this not obvious.   The hotspot was advertised as 10 gigs and you used far more.  Since many did not curb their usage ATT did it for them.  At the time the plan was offered, you could have purchased a hotspot device with unlimited data.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 55 of 55
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support