Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Unlimited PLUS starts Thursday with 10GB TETHERING! Unlimited Choice is $30 cheaper. ATT stepped up!

ACE - Expert

Unlimited PLUS starts Thursday with 10GB TETHERING! Unlimited Choice is $30 cheaper. ATT stepped up!

They stepped up and prices look pretty good. More than enough to make many happy I'd think (not all of course).

 

They're not lower than everyone else, but they're way more competetive than they were.

I personally don't feel they need to be lower they don't need to match everyone else. They are their own company, but it's nice that they're not so far out of touch of the other major providers.

 

  • Plans come with Roam North America feature. 
  • And 10GB of tethering / hotspot! They really should have made it a little more to compete, even 12GB, but it'll do...
  • PLUS $25 discounts for DirecTV! Including DirecTV Now (don't get too excited, it excludes Go Big $35/mo. plan).
  •  Autopay required for that pricing (excludes credit cards).

While it says "Plans may not be eligible for offers, credits, or discounts", which I assume means no FAN discounts, it does say "Qualified Military & Veterans will receive a 15% discount on their monthly service charge" which is $75 (for single line) or off $105 (for multi-line) for the Unlimited PLUS plans. 

 

 

 https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/unlimited-plan.html

IMG_1287.PNG

 

 

 

 

 

  • Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
37,741 Views
Message 1 of 47
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTMobilityCare
‎03-06-2017 12:55 PM

Unlimited Choice is $30 cheaper but limited

The Unlimited Choice plan

is $30 cheaper. Only 3Mbps speeds and video is 480p.

 

Has NO tethering / hotspot and also requires autopay.

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 2.02.19 AM.png

 

 

 

 

  • Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 47
ACE - Expert

Unlimited for Hot Spots, and Wireless Home Phone and Internet???

I thought this was interesting:

 

From Unlimited Plus plan:

Tethering and Mobile Hotspot: Includes up to 10GB per line per month. After 10GB, tethering speed will be slowed to a max of 128Kbps for the rest of the bill cycle (except for these products: Connected Cars, Hot Spots, and Wireless Home Phone and Internet.).

I find it hard to believe they are going to let me do an unlimited hot spot or Wireless Home Phone and Internet while not capping it at at 10GB, that'll be interesting.

 

From Unlimited Choice Plan:
Tethering and mobile hotspot use prohibited (except for these products: Connected Cars, Hot Spots, and Wireless Home Phone and Internet).

I'd think that got cut and pasted from somewhere else and will be removed, EXCEPT it's also under the Unlimited Choice plan where it seems like the wouldn't be needed for that plan since it has no tethering. It's like they specifically added it to that plan...

 

We'll see what it says later on in the week.

 

 

  • Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 47
ACE - Expert

Re: New UNLIMITED PLUS and CHOICE plans.

Here's a nice comparison chart which also makes it look like you can get a hotspot!!

 

While this chart mentions a U-verse discount I don't see that on the AT&T page.

 

IMG_1288.JPG

 

From Droid Life http://www.droid-life.com/2017/02/26/att-unlimited-choice-unlimited-plus-plans/

 

 

  • Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 47

Re: New UNLIMITED PLUS and CHOICE plans.

@Gary L Definitely a thumbs up for AT&T for responding and somewhat aggressively responding. As with my Unlimited plans, the wording is somewhat confusing but they offer an approach for both their high dollar customers and their budget conscious customers. It's also nice that they offer the bundled discount with BOTH DTV and DTV NOW... that's a nice perk I wasn't expecting. 

Message 5 of 47
ACE - Expert

Re: New UNLIMITED PLUS and CHOICE plans.


@JohnnyDoe wrote:

@Gary L Definitely a thumbs up for AT&T for responding and somewhat aggressively responding. As with my Unlimited plans, the wording is somewhat confusing but they offer an approach for both their high dollar customers and their budget conscious customers. It's also nice that they offer the bundled discount with BOTH DTV and DTV NOW... that's a nice perk I wasn't expecting. 


Still over price compaired to verizon.  Glad to see the vet discount but they dont explain what it comes off of.  The 90 bucks would be my guess.  I will wait for the plan tool to be updated and see if it cheaper for my 6 lines and smart watch line.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 47

Re: New UNLIMITED PLUS and CHOICE plans.

@GLIMMERMAN76 agree with you there being over-priced. The bundle is nice when it comes to giving a perk to have DTV Now or DTV service but to your point - stinks they appeared to follow Verizon with the lack of fan/corporate discounts. Don't see any specific text surrounding it so I will wait until the plan rolls out to see if it's worth to switch also. 

Message 7 of 47
Master

Re: Unlimited PLUS starts Thursday with 10GB TETHERING! Unlimited Choice is $30 cheaper. ATT stepped

At least they finally added the hotspot option to some of the unlimited plans.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 47
ACE - Expert

Re: New UNLIMITED PLUS and CHOICE plans.


@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:
Still over price compaired to verizon.  

@JohnnyDoe I didn't expect them (or need them) to be cheaper, just happy they are more more competitive than they were.

 

A lot of people don't mind for paying more for what they're happy with, but when the prices are SO far apart it's difficult.

 

Plus the $25 will be nice for those who commited to DirecTV to get unlimited. At $90 instead of a $100 it's really a savings of $35 for single line plans. That had to be making some people upset, it's not a lot but it's something.

 

 

Glad to see the vet discount but they dont explain what it comes off of.  The 90 bucks would be my guess.  I will wait for the plan tool to be updated and see if it cheaper for my 6 lines and smart watch line.


For the UNLIMITED PLUS plan the discount is off of $75 (for single line) or off $105 (for multi-line).

 

 

  • Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 47

Re: New UNLIMITED PLUS and CHOICE plans.

@Gary L couldn't agree more... I don't mind paying more for ATT and am actually happy to pay more since their service just simply works better for me where I live and work; so it's totally worth it to not have dropped calls and reception issues. The $25 savings off DTV and DTV Now is enticing also and a nice perk that I wasn't expecting and will more than likely take advantage of as well. 

Message 10 of 47
ACE - Expert

Comparing UNLIMITED PLUS and current Unlimited plan. Generally Cheaper!

I stole this nice comparison chart from here.

It compares the current Unlimited Plan (old DirectTV plan) to the new Unlimited Plus plan.

 

It's generally cheaper (or in only 2 situations, it's $5 more).

 

Lines Current
Unlimited
New
Unlimited
Plus
Savings
1 100 90 -10
2 140 145 +5
3 180 165 -15
4 180 185 +5
5 220 205 -15
6 260 225 -35
7 300 245 -55
8 340 265 -75
9 380 285 -95
10 420 305 -115

 

Keep in mind, those who already had DirecTV will get an additional $25 off. That's nice...

 

 

  • Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 47
ACE - Expert

Re: Comparing UNLIMITED PLUS and current Unlimited plan. Generally Cheaper!

@Gary L Nice comparison. In each case, though, its more than the Verizon plan. It is $10 more for 1 line and I think $5 more for anything more than 1 line. The major difference seems to be Roam North America is better than Verizon's Canada/Mexico offering. I guess ATT thinks that's worth the higher price.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 12 of 47
ACE - Expert

Re: Comparing UNLIMITED PLUS and current Unlimited plan. Generally Cheaper!


@sandblaster wrote:

@Gary L Nice comparison.

Thanks!

 

In each case, though, its more than the Verizon plan. It is $10 more for 1 line and I think $5 more for anything more than 1 line. The major difference seems to be Roam North America is better than Verizon's Canada/Mexico offering. 


I'm okay with it costing more, I like AT&T.

If I wanted to be with Verizon, that'd be a selling point, but I don't have any desire to switch.

 

I don't think companies need to be the same price. (And if they're not the same price someone is always going to be more).

 

 

  • Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 13 of 47
ACE - Expert

Re: Comparing UNLIMITED PLUS and current Unlimited plan. Generally Cheaper!


@Gary L wrote:

@sandblaster wrote:

@Gary L Nice comparison.

Thanks!

 

In each case, though, its more than the Verizon plan. It is $10 more for 1 line and I think $5 more for anything more than 1 line. The major difference seems to be Roam North America is better than Verizon's Canada/Mexico offering. 


I'm okay with it costing more, I like AT&T.

If I wanted to be with Verizon, that'd be a selling point, but I don't have any desire to switch.

 

I don't think companies need to be the same price. (And if they're not the same price someone is always going to be more).

 

 


@Gary L

 

depends on the features you need @pgrey @lizdance40 and myself value things differnet than those with apple devices.  We cant get wifi calling or and enhanced LTE features on our phones because we refuse to use the overprice att phones and over priced apple phones.  I can get those from verizon I cant get them from ATT.  The only reason I am with ATT is the fact they are a GSM carrier and have better coverage than tmobile.  I switch phones to much but this did get me thinking about using prepaid in my test devices and keep my and families phones on verizon....  Choices....

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 14 of 47
ACE - Expert

Re: Comparing UNLIMITED PLUS and current Unlimited plan. Generally Cheaper!


@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:
depends on the features you need @pgrey @lizdance40 and myself value things differnet than those with apple devices.  We cant get wifi calling or and enhanced LTE features on our phones because we refuse to use the overprice att phones and over priced apple phones.  I can get those from verizon I cant get them from ATT.  The only reason I am with ATT is the fact they are a GSM carrier and have better coverage than tmobile.  I switch phones to much but this did get me thinking about using prepaid in my test devices and keep my and families phones on verizon....  Choices....

If you want those features you might even be willing to pay $10 more to go somewhere to actually get those features. 

 

I'm just saying if you like what you've got, saving $10 dollars isn't going to be what lures me away.

 

I really like my AT&T coverage in the spots where I go when I travel, it works well for me. 

 

 

 

 

  • Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 15 of 47
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support