Need your talk or text logs?
Turtle4889's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 27th, 2016 9:02 PM

Unlimited Data and Mobile Hotspot

We just updated our plan after being bit a wireless and direct tv customers. Does the unlimited data also cover hot spot?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

A hotspot is not allowed on unlimited data.

Scholar

• 

111 Messages

8 years ago

That is why I didn't switch you can only use your phone, and can't use your phone as a hot spot. So glad I read it carefully...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Garbage....as a previous DirecTV customer and loyal grandfathered unlimited data At&t customer, I am offered nothing, while new customers can jump on and get the same benefits.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Except that grandfathered customers pay 35 for unlimited data while its 60 dollars plus a 40 dollar line fee for the new one. I would say no overages and unlimited data for 35 bucks a month is a reward all in itself

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

AT&T is a company of CON ARTISTS....we pay $49 per device instead of $10 to have unlimited data and AT&T takes away our mobile hotspot for it?!
I'm not even trying to hook up a device outside of my home! I simply want to use my personal laptop and AT&T's UVerse WIFI connection is so intermittent I can never use it for long.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@GœldieMariE wrote:
AT&T is a company of CON ARTISTS....we pay $49 per device instead of $10 to have unlimited data and AT&T takes away our mobile hotspot for it?!
I'm not even trying to hook up a device outside of my home! I simply want to use my personal laptop and AT&T's UVerse WIFI connection is so intermittent I can never use it for long.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Att did not "take away" something that was never offered or allowed on unlimited plans.  The FCC and FTC acknowledge "One device, Unlimited data".   It is clearly in the offer in 2 places no tethering or hotspot.  

Your new line fee includes your data plan, unlike the old fee, and your total bill is probably the same or less.

If your Uverse wifi is a problem, trouble shoot with the Uverse techs.  Either the line, the equipment or service can be fixed if you insist.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.