Need your talk or text logs?
GavinOnAniPhone's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 29th, 2013 7:31 PM

Unlimited Data Plan and Personal Hotspot possible?

Hello all,

I have been a customer with AT&T for over 10 years now and was pretty disappointed with the conversation I just had with one of their customer service representatives. Since I first purchased an iPhone I have had the unlimited data plan for $30 that was required for purchase at the time. I recognize that since they've done away with unlimited data as an option, I have not gone over the 2GB $25 plan, but I still have opted to pay the extra for unlimited usage in case the day should come that I needed it. 

Today I called the customer service line to inquire about why I was not able to set up a personal hotspot (when I try, my phone tells me to contact AT&T). I was told that I would need to "upgrade" (don't get stuck on the terms) to a 2GB ($25) or 5GB ($50) monthly option in order to use this feature. Something about this seems off to me since I have been carrying forward a plan that AT&T required me to have in the first place, but now it disqualifies me from a feature of the phone - not due to capabilities, mind you.

Does anyone know if there is the ability to combine these two features? Really frustrated with AT&T for making it (seem hopefully) an impossibility.

Appreciated.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm switching providers too after being a long time customer. I am not the only one, bad move not to have some hotspot cababilities with an unlimited plan. Data plans are expensive enough. Sprint does it and I believe Verizon now too. I am now done with AT@T.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@silentninja244 AT&T does offer hotspot with the new Unlimited plan introduced last week. https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/unlimited-plan.html

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

When an At&t representative starts to believe in humans, their ( make-up along the way ) POLICY kicks in, revealing the true nature of their existence. Greed amongst common sense. SCAMMED!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Tmobile4daWIN wrote:
When an At&t representative starts to believe in humans, their ( make-up along the way ) POLICY kicks in, revealing the true nature of their existence. Greed amongst common sense. SCAMMED!

I'm not really sure of the deeper meaning of believing in humans has to do with your plan? 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Tmobile4daWIN wrote:

Is that supposed to make sense?   Cause it doesn't.   This old thread is out of date.  ATT finally allows tethering on an unlimited plan.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

T Mobile I get unlimited 4g lte hotspot. $101.00 a month and I usally use around 250-300 gig a month its worth the money

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

7 years ago

What the /? 

Just tried to slim down my account by reducing the data plan. But hey, because I'm makig changes, now the $10.00/month fee per device is doubled! 

The insurance I kept on it? I slimmed that back too! Now reducing it, however, the old low price is now up a buck! In the end, I got my reductions, but my monthly bill is slightly higher than the current billing!?!?!? 

So if you downgrade to save money, you have to pay more??? W-T-F ?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Indogen

Did you look at the prices of the new plans?   You cannot change the data on a grandfathered plan, you would have to choose from the currently offered plans.   

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I'm very disappointed I have been wireless at&t customer for around a dozen years never hada problem with sharing my mobile hotspot from my Microsoft 640 LTE I upgraded it to the Windows 10 and ever since I've not been able to share my mobile hotspot off of my Microsoft 640 LTE mobile to whomever it may concern if this matter isn't resolved I'm seriously considering switching to a different carrier check my record I usually have 14 gigs' sometimes more but if I can't share my mobile hotspot this loyal customer will most definitely be changing carriers hope that you can get this issue fixed hope you have wonderful and blessed day and please!! Let me know how to get this matter resolved I really like your network.. Your loyal customer James Campbell....

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Well it's like this I'm on the unlimited data plan and used to buy up to14 to 15 gigabytes of high-speed data so whomever said try a different carrier guess what that's exactly what I'm going to do twinkle toe's if you have to go through the acts of congress to be able to use your mobile hotspot on your mobile is a complete ignorant situation in my opinion which the old saying opinions are like rear-ends everyone has one hope I haven't offended anyone but I'll definitely be changing carriers hope you all have wonderful morning and a better tomorrow god bless you all.. But this issue with the mobile hotspot sharing is just freaking ridiculous to me and good luck to everyone...
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.