Need your talk or text logs?
aphex636's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 1st, 2017 2:23 AM

Unlimited Data Limits

So the wording in the small print is 'Data Restrictions: After 22GB of any data usage on a line in a bill cycle, AT&T may slow the data on that line during periods of network congestion for the remainder of that cycle.'

Does that mean that if you have multiple lines each line has a separate 22GB limit and one line going over the limit doesn't affect the other lines, it's only the line that went over will be throttled?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@aphex636 wrote:

So the wording in the small print is 'Data Restrictions: After 22GB of any data usage on a line in a bill cycle, AT&T may slow the data on that line during periods of network congestion for the remainder of that cycle.' 

Does that mean that if you have multiple lines each line has a separate 22GB limit and one line going over the limit doesn't affect the other lines, it's only the line that went over will be throttled?

Yes. Each line should have it's own 22GB limit.

It's not an automatic throttle, it's "deprioitized", IF a tower is overloaded you're the one to get slowed down. 

Many people have reported using 100GB+ and never noticing slowdowns.

Also, once the congestion is gone, it will speed back up.

Guru

• 

691 Messages

7 years ago

@aphex636 to @Gary L's point above, you may not get re-priortized at all. Managed to blast through 40GB of data this past month (on the Unlimited Plan) and haven't seen any slowdown what-so-ever. Could be pure luck on where I live/work, but still - able to watch movies, stream music, multitask internet searches, etc. without any slowdowns. 

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

7 years ago

This is good news! I had an online chat with a Rep yesterday and it's not what he advised me. Said it was aggregate of all phones/tablets on the plan. I'm a happy camper...not that I've ever even used more than 4GB a month but have options now.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@bees wrote:

This is good news! I had an online chat with a Rep yesterday and it's not what he advised me. Said it was aggregate of all phones/tablets on the plan. I'm a happy camper...not that I've ever even used more than 4GB a month but have options now.

They're wrong!  It doesn't even make sense.

It's always been per device, If you get 10 lines, that's only 2.2GB per line.  Plus, they are letting you use 10GB of tethering per line.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Just remember that now with a new unlimited plan being launched that is open to everyone....that network congestion may increase in some markets. Those who never got reprioritized in the past may see it happen at 22GB now. No one can predict what kind of load on the network these new plans will cause but it will have an impact for sure.

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks @Gary L for the confirmation. I agree. GOOFY Reps!

Now, what about the Roam North America feature? I used the MyATT phone app to sign up for Unlimited Plus and when I came to the last page to sign up it was stated that I would be removing the Roam North America feature by agreeing to go on the Plus plan. I submitedt the page and am now on the Unlimited Plus plan. I access the section to add/remove phone features and Roam North America is no longer listed to add to any phone on my account (a it was last week). 

I'm wondering if they are just dropping the "Roam North America" naming convention and by default you get thie same thing since this is what is explained when you click on Change Plans while logged in:

Plus Plan: Unlimited talk & text within and between the U.S., Canada & Mexico. Use plan data while you're there. If voice, text, or data use in Mexico and/or Canada exceed 50% of your total usage for 2 consecutive months, AT&T may remove this feature.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@David606 wrote:

Just remember that now with a new unlimited plan being launched that is open to everyone....that network congestion may increase in some markets. Those who never got reprioritized in the past may see it happen at 22GB now. No one can predict what kind of load on the network these new plans will cause but it will have an impact for sure.

@David606

poor excuse really...  ATT's NOC should beable to tell where the loads are since they own most of the fiber going into there towers anyway.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

It's not a poor excuse it's reality. More customers moving to unlimited equals more congestion.That equation cannot be any simpler nor can it be disputed. More people are going to be using more resources. The majority of the fiber is not owned by AT&T nationwide. Outside of the areas where AT&T provides landline internet service the bulk of backhaul and connections fo towers are from third party sources.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@David606

They can just put oc768 in all the towers.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@bees wrote:

Thanks @Gary L for the confirmation. I agree. GOOFY Reps!

Now, what about the Roam North America feature? 

I'm wondering if they are just dropping the "Roam North America" naming convention and by default you get thie same thing

It's a good feature name, I'm suprised they didn't keep it for marketing "Comes free with Roam North America!"

I think it's the same thing but with no name...   (Off the cuff opinion).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.