Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Unlimited Choice POSSIBLE slow down at 22gb

Scholar

Unlimited Choice Data Cap

I just changed to the Unlimited Choice data plan for my family. We have 8 devices in the group. My understanding is the 22GB cap before throttling is per device, is that correct?

I have one user who blows through data and I want to make sure she isn't gonna throttle us all when she hits 22GB, which I'm sure she will.
Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by gphipps
‎03-11-2017 1:57 PM

@gphipps It's per device.

And if the tower isn't congested she's not even going to slow down. There are people who regularlly use 100GB+ per month and never notice a slow down.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by gphipps
‎03-11-2017 1:55 PM

Although at 3 megabits per second it may be more difficult to use 100+ gigabytes than it would on full speed LTE. 😄

But yes, it's per device. No tethering on Choice however

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Scholar

Thank you for the info!
Message 4 of 7

They haven't slowed me down yet....

Screenshot_20171015-225224.png

Screenshot_20171015-224255.png

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Expert

@Anthony.Dukes

If you ask me 4.1 is slow.

C8056F35-DB4D-4DCE-AC80-E1700FE58D46.png

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7

@GLIMMERMAN76

It's slow in the grand scheme of things but the plan is speed capped at 3.0 for the Choice plan.  I usually exceed the cap. Screenshot_20171016-002423.png720p and the download speed exceeds the playback

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support