Need your talk or text logs?
Lancefulk's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, October 21st, 2016 3:56 AM

Turning data on and off

Use to be able to turn data on/off of each device through the app. Why has that changed?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@pgrey turning data off on the device is voluntary and not as effective of dealing with a non compliant account member.  

@Lancefulk. You can still access from the app.  Select the line from the overview and manage the devices and features, select the line.  

Then select 'SEE DEVICE OPTIONS'.  Scroll down the list to find turn data off.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

What device/OS?

Almost any phone has this abillity, to disable cell (or WiFi) data, through the data settings.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

Tha AT&T app?

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

7 years ago

As far as I can see, that hasn't changed.  The myATT app on iOS has updated, and now the default screen is different, but if I dig into the screens, I can still get to the screen for turning data on/off for any line on my account.  I just needed to go to the Account Details to ge tto the screen where I was used to seeing, and knew how to get to the turn data on/off for a line on the account.  Is this what you are seeing?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

I was talking about on the actual device, mostly, but it's also exposed on the ATT.com website, under your account as well.

@Gary L@GeekBoyI can enable/disable data, for any of our devices, on a per-device level, on the site, I just checked.

I sort of gave up on the app, it was a bit too buggy for me; it didn't always refresh and give me current data, etc.  The website seems to more reliable, but maybe the iOS version is better.

Scholar

• 

337 Messages

7 years ago

@Lancefulk I hope one of the above solutions was acceptable. Please feel free to let them know. Thank you!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

If it's on there I'm not finding it. Used to be able to go to usage them it had option to turn data on/off. Now it's restrict usage with smart limits. Which you have to pay for.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

- Click on Wireless->View My Plan & Features

- Click on the "Manage" tag next to the line in question (the one you want to turn data on/off)

- Click on "Turn data usage off" 

From here, just follow the prompts, it will ask you to verify that you really want to disable it, and such.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Found it for my phones but can't for my tablets

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@LancefulkHmm, I don't have any (cell data tablet, I tether all my tablet  data) tablets direclty connected, but this article seems to indicate it should be in the same interface:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1022956

When you select the tablet device "manage", there's no "turn data on/off" option visible?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.