Need your talk or text logs?
pamgar56's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 18th, 2015 12:25 PM

Travel abroad roaming and data question

Hello, I will be traveling to Europe, Do I turn off the roaming and data on my iPhone as to not as to not rack up a huge bill? Thanks for any help:)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello! @pamgar56   thanks for posting your questions about roaming.

To avoid roaming charges on your phone, you’ll want to place it in airplane mode, which shuts off the network services on the phone. On an iphone you’ll go to settings and toggle airplane mode to on. Once you do so, you’ll see an icon of an airplane on the upper left and this will prevent roaming usage.

Thanks!

Charise

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

@pamgar56 wrote:
Hello, I will be traveling to Europe, Do I turn off the roaming and data on my iPhone as to not as to not rack up a huge bill? Thanks for any help:)

Just be advised that putting the phone in airplane mode means no cellular usage of any kind including data, texting and voice calls. In fact, airplane mode will also turn off wifi access, though you can turn wifi back on and still leave cellular off. If all you want to do is avoid data charges, turning data roaming off will be sufficient.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hello! If you use wifi only with the device in airplane Mode do you still get charged for data?

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Lolalola1 ,

You should not get charged or using data at all,if you are using wifi with airplane mode on. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.